Chapter 30- The Sonogram

It had been a few months since the blizzard had locked them in the house. The snow had finally cleared after 2 weeks since the initial storm. There was another, but much smaller and not as dangerous as the first one. Once it was finally over, the witches had gone out and cleared a path out to the wolves village, and the pack trailed happily behind.

The fairly new village was happy and lively again, rather than deserted and anxious over the storms approach. They settled back in just as quickly as they always did, and they celebrated every week at the approach of a new member to the pack. Their Alpha and Luna's unborn child had everyone giddy for celebration.

Darcy and Penny both had learned they were pregnant at the same time. It seemed unreal they would be going through the experience at the same time, but it was far from the same. They were both three months in now and Darcy was already slightly larger than Penny. No one ever thought to check her over until now due to the fact that she was perfectly healthy from the diet that Thomas and Addy had her on. The baby would only allow her eat meat, and they assumed the weight was also because of that. She was constantly eating.

It was March now and the winter weather had passed on to spring. The birds and other creatures had returned to the forest. The Wolves of the pack were hunting daily to exercise and stay in shape for the fight with Radomir. Despite the fact that everything was calm and collected, they still kept Radomir in the back of their mind. There was nothing they could do right now to find and stop him. Especially since all they know is his target, not his motive.

They will find out eventually, but until then their focus must remain on Darcy and Penny. Being pregnant meant that they were vulnerable, and Roman and Thomas must protect them and the children at all costs. Even from the smallest things, like an unhealthy diet.

Darcy, Thomas, Penny and Roman all drove up to Westhaven's clinic near the center of the town. It recovered quickly after the blizzard due to the help the wolves, witches, and vampires gave them once the snow cleared. Darcy looked out the window at all the people that were scurrying to shop or work, but it wasn't long before Thomas pulled into the parking lot to the clinic. They sat there a moment while Roman parked next to them with Penny in the passenger seat.

"Are you ready?" Thomas asked. Darcy looked over at him and smile, "Yes." "Okay, I have arranged an appointment with a Dr. Hazel McRae," Thomas said as he stopped the car. "Let's go. I want to know if our baby is healthy," Darcy said as she took off her seatbelt and moved to get out of the car. Thomas chuckled and got out. Then he paced around to meet up with Darcy as she shut the door.

Roman and Penny got out of their car and walked over to them. "You know, we could've taken the same car," Penny smiled. "Darcy and I have a date after," Thomas said. "We're going shopping to get maternity clothes. I am already unable to fit in anything but a few of my dresses," Darcy smiled. "Uh oh. Rome-y, can I go with them!" Penny asked as though she were a child. "You're welcome to come along after if Darcy is okay with that," Thomas offered.

"Of course," Darcy chuckled. "Yay, we can make it a double date," Penny laughed. "Double date it is," Thomas chuckled. "Alright, ladies. We're going to be late if we don't get in there," Roman chuckled as he began to usher Penny into the building. Thomas gently wrapped his arm around Darcy's waist. "Let's get in there darling," He said. Darcy nodded and gave him a sweet look as they walked in.

"Have a seat, hon. I will sign us in," Thomas said helping Darcy sit down in a waiting room chair. It was quiet, and there was no one else in the waiting room but the nurse who was in the greeting window, and she was very pretty. Long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Thomas walked over to the nurse in the window and smiled, "Hello." "Walk in or appointment?" She asked with a flashy smile. Her eyes looking him up and down.