Chapter 25- Surprise

"Well, it's about damn time!" Penny smiled as she playfully slapped Thomas' arm. Thomas chuckled as Darcy showed Penny her engagement ring. "Congratulations, brother," Roman said giving Thomas a hug. Penny and Darcy walked ahead as Penny admired the ring. "It's gorgeous," Penny smiled. "I know! He made it for me," Darcy giggled. "He's so talented," Penny replied. 

"So you've finally done it," Roman chuckled, "Proud of you." "Last night was perfect, or at least as perfect as it was going to get. She has been so worried about me lately, that she hadn't focused on all of the bad she's been through her whole life. I think she needed something good," Thomas replied with a smile as he watched Darcy walking ahead of him. 

"How bad did it get last night?" Roman asked with concern for Thomas, Darcy, and the other wolves. "Not to bad, but the weather alert has everyone concerned," Thomas frowned, "I'm worried about them. Darcy can handle herself against the cold, but the wolves are not banshees." "No, they're wolves. Is the community set up completed?" Roman questioned. "Yeah, approved by Jake, Darcy, and Myself just this morning," Thomas replied, "There's another thing. They all love her, and she's happy. It's like finally finding a potential wife who doesn't mind near a hundred kids." 

"Well, maybe one day you'll actually have one of your own?" Roman suggested. "I've thought about it, but there's so much going on," Thomas replied, "If she wants one, maybe." "Leaving that up to her?" Roman chuckled. "Well, I have been wanting that type of family long before I even met Darcy. I'm not going to push that on her, however, we'll have that on her time," Thomas explained, "What's a little bit longer?" 

"I can understand that," Roman chuckled, "You want to bring children into a safe Westhaven." "Exactly, but there is the matter that I made Darcy a promise years ago. One that even in these modern times, I intend to keep," Thomas confirmed, "She wouldn't be put through having a child out of wedlock."

"That's very honorable of you, Tommy," Roman smiled, "It's good to see you happy again. The both of you." "Thank you," Thomas replied as Roman pat his back a bit.

"Penny?" Darcy frowned looking at her sister, and that brought the two men from their conversation. Just as they saw Penny's paled face, she fainted and fell into Darcy. Thomas and Roman rushed over. "Penn?" Roman frowned as her weight nearly pulled Darcy to the ground. Roman aided Darcy by picking Penny up and cradling her.

"Take her to your room, Roman. I'll look her over," Darcy instructed. "I don't understand," Roman frowned as he carried her, "She was just find a few moments ago." "We'll find out what happened soon enough," Darcy assured as she followed. Thomas had walked close to Darcy. "Something is different about her," Thomas said, "I had noticed the past couple of days, but she seemed mostly fine, so I said nothing."

"Don't worry, Thomas," Darcy took a hold of his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze as they reached Penny and Roman's room. "Here we are," Thomas opened the door for Roman. Roman quickly paced over and gently set Penny on the bed. He carefully laid her head on the pillow and adjusted her to a comfortable position.

Darcy walked over and gently petted Penny's hair. "What's going on? I heard Penny fainted!" Willam said as he ran in with Anne behind him. Darcy hovered her hand over Penny's body and wore a shock look. "Um, could you all please step out a moment? All the energy is interfering with the spell," Darcy asked.

Understanding, Roman reluctantly left the room with Thomas. "Except you, mother," Darcy added before she and William left. Anne nodded and waited for thendoor to shut. She stepped over to Darcy, "What's wrong?" "I- I need your experienced second opinion. Make sure I'm doing the spell right," Darcy explained. Anne nodded again and hovered her hand over Penny as her eyes fluttered open.