Chapter 28- White

Darcy gasped awake and looked around the room. It was as though she were actually suffocating until she passed out, and then she finally felt the rush of air. She knew it wasn't a dream. That he was really there. Some kind of strange magic that she'd never done before. 

She rolled to face Thomas' side of the bed, hoping to find comfort. That wasn't the case, however, she found that his side was empty. She frowned and looked to the bathroom. No light, and his scent led her out of the room. However, she heard voices out in the hallway.

"She's in there, but be careful. I think she was having a nightmare," Darcy heard Thomas whisper to Penny outside their door. "I will," Penny assured.  Darcy sighed and sat up in the bed. "Thomas?" She called to him from the bed.

She heard him mumble under his breath, "Shit." "I heard that! What's going on?" Darcy asked crawling out of the bed and shuffling over to the door. Penny quickly slipped in to the room and shut the door. She was wearing a dark, blue-black dress that fitted to her form and flared out when it hit the floor, and her hair was pulled up in a tight bun with stray ringlets everywhere.

Darcy gave Penny a suspicious look, "What is going on? Why are you dressed like that?" "Don't you worry about that, I am here to get you ready," Penny smiled in return. "Ready? For what?" Darcy asked. "Have you forgotten, Darcy?" Penny asked. "What?" Darcy was confused.

"You're wedding!" Penny reminded. Darcy's jaw dropped a bit, and Penny chuckled. "You best close that mouth of yours, lest you want to catch flies," Penny warned, then she smiled, "Thomas is staying away because it is bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. He said he promised you a wedding today.  Come Hell or high water- in this case, snow- you're getting one."

"No. He's staying away because you made him, didn't you?" Darcy asked. "Yes. Now let's head into the bathroom to get you ready," Penny chuckled as she gently grabbed Darcy's hand and led her into the ensuite. She took a washcloth and wet it in the sink. Once it was soaked, she began to wipe Darcy's face off to clean it before applying anything.

She then carefully grabbed Darcy's chin when she finished and looked at her face both left and right. "Hmm. I don't think you need much make-up. You have one of those faces that are just so naturally beautiful," Penny complemented. Darcy flushed a bit, and Penny chuckled softly.

Darcy then realized something and gasped, "Penny, I- I don't have a dress." "Don't you worry about that, Darcy, Your mother and I will take care of everything," Penny assured, "And yes, it would be my honor to be your maid of honor. Or- well-Matron of honor," Penny chuckled, "Especially since I am pregnant." Darcy chuckled as Penny pinned up her short brown hair, and got to work on her face.

-----------------------------

Two hours, and a lot of makeup and hairspray later, Darcy was finally let out of the bathroom. Her makeup was kept natural with a shadowed look around her eyes and a gorgeous silky peach lip gloss. Her hair was done in curls with a light veil erupting from a delicate floral headband.

Her mother was sitting on the bed wearing a dark pink dress that stopped at her knees and had a bow over one of the shoulders. She wore matching heels and had her hair pulled into a tight bun. She was sitting waiting with a dress in a solid black bag, and the toes of her shoes clicked as she tapped her toes the floor.

When she looked up to see Darcy, a bright smile formed on her face, and her brown eyes widened. "Well, don't you look beautiful," Anne grinned. "I- thank you," Darcy flushed. "I have your dress," Anne held the dress up for her. "Great, time to get it on, or we're going to be late," Penny said taking it. "Oh how sad it would be to be late to your wedding in the same building," Anne chuckled playfully. "Come on, Darcy," Penny ordered dragging Penny to the closet.