Chapter 16- Planning Ahead

"This doesn't bode well," Anne frowned after Penny had finished telling the others what she saw. "That's not even the worst part," Roman said, "We hadn't even left the building when he died." "Someone tried to keep you from getting to him," William frowned. "But hadn't realized that you had already seen it," Darcy finished.

"Well, at least we can tell Addy that Jake's innocent," Thomas sighed. "There's still the matter of this cloaked guy," Darcy frowned her tired eyes looking around the room, "He is trying to weaken White Fang and doesn't care about the concordat. He's dangerous."

"And Darcy saw him here. In a vision. If he has a plan to weaken the pack to take them down, and Darcy sees that he's coming here... Roman, I don't believe your clan will be escaping recognition either," Anne warned. "I have lost about a fourth of the clan to them leaving. I have suspected for some time that there was another clan outside of Westhaven. For the most part, they stayed that way..." Roman sighed, "Maybe, that's not the case any longer."

"Stealing your people, and working to take down ours," Anne frowned, "We need to think carefully about our next steps. For now, the fact that we know what's coming can give us an advantage. We can be prepared. We know, through Darcy's vision that he's a vampire. Even though we don't know who he is. He had red eyes."

"A classic Vampire trait," Roman chuckled, "It's not going to help narrow things down." "With blonde hair," Darcy replied, "And at least 6 feet tall." "Well, that does narrow things down, but not by much," Roman said. "You didn't notice anything else?" Roman asked. "No, I woke up before he got close enough," Darcy replied.

"Don't worry about that, for now. Right now we need to account for every secret exit to the den. We need to handle security without a mole telling him. There's always a mole," Anne said, "We can-however- rely on the banshees to guard the exits. However! We cannot tell anyone else! Everything we know, stays between us," Anne said.

"Agreed," Darcy, Thomas, William, Penny, and Roman all said at the same time. "Good. Now prepare yourselves. This attack could come at any moment. Darcy, rest up... you're going to need every moment of sleep you can get to feel better," Anne said. Darcy nodded as Thomas began to walk Darcy out of the room.

"This is intense," Darcy sighed once they reached the room, "It's like I'm not allowed to catch a break." "You have one right now," Thomas said helping her into the bed. "How long is that going to last?" Darcy frowned. "However long it is supposed to. Life is never certain, my sweet Luna," He replied sitting down in front of her, "Immortality doesn't always mean invincible."

"Yeah, but-," "The best thing we can do..." He began as he brushed some of her shirt hair behind her ear, "Is enjoy the precious moments we're given. However many or few." Darcy smiled a bit and took his hand in hers. "Every moment with you is a moment worth cherishing," He added. "As is every moment I spend with you," Darcy replied.

"Rest. I will be back later. I must let Jake know what's going on and uplift his suspension," Thomas informed. "I will be here," Darcy replied. They shared a sweet kiss before he stood up and left the room.

Once he was gone, Darcy let out a sigh and laid over in the bed hoping to get more sleep. It was only a few moments before the medicine had her falling asleep again.

--------------------

"Poor Darcy," Anne frowned after everyone but William left the office. "She's strong, Anne," William assured. "You saw how frightened she was when she told us. She's going to experience a lot of strange powers now that she's around people again," Anne warned.

"She'll handle it. She seems to be aware of what she's capable of, Anne. She wasn't afraid that she'd gotten a vision. She was afraid that what she saw was going to happen," William assured. "Where are we going to go? This place will be attacked, Will," Anne sighed. "We go home," William replied.