Chapter 31- The Other Shoe

Darcy's babies progressed well in her pregnancy, and at 7 months she was so large that she could barely get around on her own. Addy had put her on bed rest so the others wouldn't upset her by asking her to do stuff that would require her get to get up.

Penny's baby was also doing okay, but the worst that everyone feared has come. She started to become drained and fainted often. To keep her from falling and hurting herself or the baby, Penny was also put on bed rest. Roman worried for her life daily. The baby seemed strong, but Penny was weak. She didn't want to show it, but they all knew.

Darcy sighed as laid over in her bed. To keep her safe, Thomas refused to let her stay out in the village because of how far along she was. She was curled up and hugging her belly unable to move quickly from the weight. "Why are they so heavy?" She frowned, "I can barely carry my own weight." "That is why you're to stay in bed," Thomas said as he sat down on his side of the bed. He pet her hair, and she gasped.

"What is it?" He asked worried. "One of them is kicking," She said as she took his hand and pressed it to her stomach. He smiled as he felt the movement under his hand. "Wow, it's- it's amazing! There's little people in there," He chuckled. "Yeah try being on my end for a change," She scoffed, "How is Penny?" "She's fine," He assured. "I'd- I'd like to see her," Darcy requested.

"You'll have to go to her. Roman doesn't want to risk her falling," Thomas said. "Will you take me?" Darcy asked. "Yes," Thomas assured, "I need to go deal with the pack, and I'm actually hoping to get Roman away for a bit. Get him to clear his head. You know." "I'll watch her," Darcy assured. "Great," He smiled as he got up.

He walked around and helped her out of the bed. She took a step and he helped her fix the large shirt she was wearing as a night gown. It was his shirt, and she loved it because it was comfortable. Right now comfortable was all that mattered to her. He helped her walk around the bed and and out the door.

With Thomas' help, Darcy hobbled down the hallway to Penny's room. She smiled as they entered the room. Penny was in the bed as Roman was on his knees pleading, "Penny, please stay in the bed. Look, Thomas is here with Darcy to give you company." Penny looked up. It had appeared she was crying. She sniveled and gave Darcy a smile. "Roman said you were on bed rest," Penny choked.

"I am, but I have come to spend time with you," Darcy smiled as Thomas helped her on the bed. "Thank you," Penny replied. "See," Roman sighed. "Penny, I am gonna borrow Roman for a little while. That okay?" Thomas chuckled.

"Well, yes! He's been fussing over me all week. He needs a break," Penny chuckled a bit. "Alright. Come on, big guy," Thomas said as he grabbed Roman and dragged him out of the room and shut the door. "Now that he's gone, how are you really doing?" Darcy asked Penny. "I'm honestly not doing too well. The baby has me sick as dog, and they can't- they can't quite figure out how," Penny replied.

"I'm curious," Darcy frowned, "You know how I was sick those four days and it turned out it was cause of the food? That I needed a specific type of nourishment for me and the babies." "Yeah," Penny replied. "Maybe, you do to," Darcy suggest. "I am not eating raw meat," Penny replied. "Not the meat. Mine are pups. Your baby is a vampire, I think she needs blood," Darcy replied. "Can I be honest?" Penny asked.

"Yes," Darcy replied. "Every time a non- vampire walks into the room, I can smell them. They smell good. Like really good," Penny confessed. "You need to tell that to Roman," Darcy said. "Yeah, I will when they come back," Penny agreed. "Okay," Darcy smiled, "I love you. I want you to be healthy and safe." "Yeah, although having a vampire baby is not all it's cracked up to be," Penny agreed.

"I wouldn't doubt it, but Penny, we are here-," Darcy reached to hold Penny's hand and cut herself off with a gasp. The intake so sharp she startled Penny as a vision flashed through Darcy's mind. People were screaming and running around as boots clicked the floor. She saw the estate's hallways on the floor they were on. Then she saw Penny's door open, and they were sitting there as they are now. In exactly what they were wearing.