Chapter 35- The Big Guns

"Are sure about this, Roman?" Darcy asked as she cradled Aidan in her arms. Her waist length brown hair was pulled in a braid and she was wearing one of Thomas' shirts and some leggings with her flats. Aidan had just finished feeding, and Thomas was holding Adalyn after burping her. 

Penny was sitting next to Darcy with Juliette. She was holding a bottle for Juliette while she was feeding her. She had her hair up in a ponytail, and she was wearing black pants with a red tank top. Roman wore the usual suit with a red shirt that matched Penny's tank top, and his hair was clean cut just past his shoulders and straightened. Thomas was in a T-shirt that was blue and a pair of blue jeans. His hair a little shaggy from forgetting to brush it.

"I am," Roman replied, "I am old and tired. Too tired for all of this. I have spent hundreds of years looking for my brother and gave up any hope of having a family. Now I actually have one, and I intend on protecting all of you." 

"Roman, I am behind you on whatever decision you make," Penny assured. "We all are," Darcy nodded. "He's strong, were going to need help. A lot of help. Especially if we're going to take this fight out of Westhaven," Thomas agreed. "I know. That's why I have called in someone who might be able to help. He has been chasing after Radomir since he went rogue. I think he'll be pleased to know what my dear brother has been up to," Roman explained. "Who?" Penny asked. 

The door swung open, and a tall blonde man wearing a black suit walked in. He was handsome with the same strong features as Roman. His hair was shorter cut into a clean hairstyle, and he walked with a cane that clicked the floor along with his boots. A woman stood next to him with beautiful fire-y red hair and emerald eyes. She had on a long black dress that reached the floor and was long sleeved. 

"Penny, I suppose it is time you meet my parents," Roman chuckled a bit, "Everyone, meet Edward and Elena Knight." "Hello," Penny said standing up and reaching out a free hand to shake theirs. "Mom. Dad. This is my wife, Penelope, and my daughter, Juliette," Roman introduced them, then he gestured to the rest appropriately, "That is my sister-by-law, Darkas, her husband, Thomas, and their two children, Aidan and Adalyn." 

"A pleasure to meet all of you, and a special pleasure to finally meet my daughter-by-law, and how old is Juliette? I don't recall you ever mentioning her!" Elena frowned as she looked at her granddaughter. "That is because a lot has been going on. Juliette is only a month old," Roman explained. "Would you like to hold her, Mrs. Knight?" Penny asked. 

"Oh please, we're family. You may call me 'Elle'," Elena kindly corrected Penny, "And if you are okay with it, I would love to." "Of course. I wouldn't offer, if I wasn't okay with it," Penny replied as she gently handed Juliette over to Elena. "So you called your parents here?" Thomas chuckled, "Bringing out the big guns." "Why not?" Roman laughed.  

"I am rather glad you called me, Roman. The things you have told me have me a bit disquiet," Edward sighed as he walked over and sat down. "Penny's and Darcy's parents will be joining us soon," Roman said. No sooner than he spoke, William, Anne, and Lila walked in. "Hello," Anne gave the couple a curious look. 

"Oh, these are my parents, Edward and Elena," Roman introduced. "I'm William, Penny and Darcy's Father, this is my fiancé Anne- who is Darcy's mother-, and this is my ex-wife Lila- who is Penny's mother-," William introduced. "Such a blended family," Edward chuckled. "Yeah, we weren't always this well blended," William chuckled. "We used to go together like drinking and driving, thanks to mother," Penny joked, "But things have calmed down between us recently." 

"So I have heard," Edward chuckled, then he clapped his hands together, "Shall we get down to it?" "Yes," Roman explained, "Have you learned where he's hiding?" Roman asked, "I will take everyone willing to fight there, and we can finally put an end to this. Once and for all." "Do you have to kill him?" Elena asked. "Well, mother, he's not leaving us much of a choice," Roman frowned. "I know, but there are ways we can contain a vampire, but keep him alive," Elena pointed out.