Chapter 24- Perfect

Darcy walked up to a concerned Thomas as the wolves of White Fang had been building their huts practically on 5 feet stilts to keep the incoming snow from getting them. Every hut was connected by wooden bridges and they were constantly walking across them. She took a deep breath taking in the scents of the scurrying were-wolves. They were anxious, and Thomas was scared.

"Worried?" She asked looking at Thomas. "A little. How'd you guess?" He turned to look at her with a nervous smile. "Banshee. We feed off emotions, and you're reeking of concern," Darcy explained. "Well, I hope it's not too bad," He sighed. "Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay," She assured. "I just don't want them all to freeze to death. We might have warmer blood, we can only handle so much cold. If it snows..." He frowned, "I just don't know what to do."

"They will be okay, Thomas," Darcy assured, "Let's go inspect. Would it make you feel better if you went over every hut to make sure it's at safe standards?" "A little," He replied. "Then let us go," Darcy said wrapping her arm around his. He nodded and they walked up the stairs reaching the bridges and community gazebo. Addy was sitting there watching the others scurry around her, denying when one would offer to help her inside her hut.

"How are you doing, dear?" Addy asked Darcy when they approached. "Thomas is anxious about the weather freezing everyone, so we are inspecting to ease his concerns," Darcy replied, "I am doing just fine." "Well, Thomas, we are just fine. Everyone's rushing to get everything in order. We even have hunters out to make sure we are well stocked. Jake is doing a wonderful job," Addy assured. "Where is he?" Thomas asked.

"He is undergoing the same inspections. Making sure the huts are strong enough to withstand high winds, and sealed enough to keep the heat in and cold out. We might have to hibernate indoors, but we'll be okay if we do," Addy assured as they heard footsteps rushing up to them. "Mum!" Laura- the she-wolf that was in the cave-in- cried out as she quickly hugged Darcy. Darcy giggled and turned around, "Hello Laura, you're looking great."

"Me?! You're the one that nearly died!" Laura smiled happy to see that Darcy was okay. She saw Michael approaching as well. "Hello Michael," Darcy greeted giving him a quick hug as well. "Hello, Mum!" He smiled, "It's so good to see you better. You had us scared before." Thomas chuckled at how much they cared for Darcy as their Luna, then he turned to Jake and Lucas walking up the bridge to them.

"Hello, Sir. Everything appears to be in order. Each hut is filled with enough firewood to get fires going if they get too cold, and the bridges will help us stay close to one another," Jake said as he got straight to business. "Thank you, Jake. Our Alpha here was concerned," Addy chuckled. "I figured, I can smell it on him," Jake smirked, "Everything was under control, and preparations are already ready." "If the snow gets too bad, we'll get them inside the estate. It'll be crowded, but it can be done," Darcy assured Thomas.

"That makes me feel better," Thomas sighed. "See, Everyone is going to be fine," Addy assured. "We're all going to be here a while, the least we can do is make sure we're comfortable," Jake assured. "We can stay out here too, honey, if you'd like to be close?" Darcy assured, "If I get too cold, I can use my banshee form." "You have a room inside, Darcy. You two do not have to stay out here," Jake assured. "I enjoy being around everyone, however this one is up to Thomas," Darcy replied.

Whatever you decide, I'm with you, Darcy sent to Thomas, Remember, I'm a banshee. That form can handle the cold. Thomas thought about it a moment, and then nodded, "Yes. I can't ask the pack to be out here, if I'm unwilling to do the same." "Alright, we set you up a hut already. Let us show you," Laura smiled as she grabbed Darcy's hand and walked her ahead of the rest to the hut. It was slightly larger than the rest, but not too much larger.

"Wow," Darcy smiled as Laura opened the door. Darcy was immediately hit with the warmth of the fire inside and walked in. There was already a cot big enough for her and Thomas, a chest for their clothes and a fireplace. "You guys worked very quickly," Darcy chuckled. "Well the Earth witches helped us out. That's how we got it done so fast," Jake said as he entered with Thomas. "We should go get our things from the room, then," Thomas suggested, "If you want to get settled, Darcy, I can go alone."