Chapter 37- Peace

Edward and Elena ran into the room and grabbed Radomir. "Darcy," Elena yelled above the screams. Darcy looked up at her. "Stop her!" Edward ordered. Darcy managed to her feet and walked over to the crib. "Shh. Shh. It's okay, baby. Mommy's okay," Darcy assured. Adalyn's cries wouldn't stop, so Darcy did the only thing she knew to do.

She picked her baby girl up and cradled her in her arms, then she whispered in Adalyn's ears. There was a light wailing in Adalyn's ears, and then she finally stopped crying. Once Adalyn's cries had calmed to whispers, Darcy sighed and sat on the bed. She cradled her daughter closely as Anne walked back into the room with Aidan and sat next to Darcy. "It's over," Edward sighed, "He's dead."

"So who's going to tell his friends that he was killed by a 2 day old baby?" Anne chuckled a bit. "I will," Darcy said standing up, "I need to go find Thomas. He's hurt bad." Anne nodded, "Put Adalyn in her crib. I will baby sit." Darcy sighed and set Adalyn down in the crib gently. She gently rubbed her daughter's cheek with her index finger, "Don't worry, baby girl. I'm going to go get daddy and bring him home." 

Adalyn giggled a little bit, and Darcy smiled before reluctantly walking away. She knew they were safe, but hated that her family was split apart at the moment. She was going to find Roman and Thomas and bring them back to to safety. 

------------------------------- 

"R-Roman," Thomas managed through the pain. "Listen, Thomas just a little longer. Okay?" Roman assured, "They'll get us out of here, and someone will help you heal. You just need to hold on a little longer. Just a little bit longer." "I- I can't," Thomas frowned, "P-Please... Please tell Darcy... I love her." Roman cried as he saw Thomas' eyes close. Thomas' chest went from fast movements to nothing at all. "Darcy's going to kill me," Roman mumbled as he tried to wake Thomas up.

No sooner than that there was a light screaming sound coming through the stone. The stone in the doorway imploded and shot out. Clearing the way for the wolves and vampires with Roman to come and rescue them. Roman ignored the noise as he continued to hold pressure on his Thomas' wound. "Thomas!" Darcy cried as she ran over to him. She shook him a bit, but when he didn't wake, she looked up at Roman, "How long?" "He just- just now," Roman cried, "He said he loves you. He says he's sorry." "Well, he's not getting out of diaper duty. It's his turn!" Darcy growled as she held her hands over his chest. 

Magic flowed from Darcy's hands to Thomas' chest. Roman watched it curiously, and and they both waited. They waited for what felt like forever. The tension in the moment making both of them hold their breath. Tears rolled down Darcy's cheeks the longer it took for Thomas to wake up. "Come on, Thomas! Wake up!" Darcy cried out, "I'm here baby! I'm here! Please!" 

Thomas finally gasped for air and the tension finally released. Though he didn't stop gasping. He began to hyperventilate as he panicked and looked around. "Darcy! He's going to Darcy! You have to warn her!" He managed as he fought Darcy and Roman off him. "Baby! Baby! Thomas! I'm right here!" Darcy assured as she managed to calm him down. 

She smiled relieved when he looked up at her. "D-Darcy?" He smiled a bit, "You're okay." "Of course," Darcy smiled. Thomas quickly sat up and hugged Darcy, "I love you so much." "I love you, too, baby. Roman, it is over. Radomir is dead," Darcy informed. Roman sighed as he was relieved from the information. His wife and daughter are safe. Nothing else could make him feel this much better. 

"As far as I'm concerned, Thomas was the only brother I have had for a long time," Roman replied with a chuckle. "Your parents are dealing with the body. They said they want you to go with them," Darcy informed. "P-Penny and Juliette?" Roman asked. "They're fine. Juliette was untouched, but Penny got knocked unconscious. Mom's tending to her, now," Darcy assured. "I am going to them then," Roman said getting up, "If Thomas is okay." 

"Go to them. I have Thomas," Darcy assured as Jake entered the room with them. Roman left, and Darcy and Jake helped Thomas to his feet and walked with him out of the room. "Am I really on diaper duty?" Thomas asked as they walked out. "Sure are. You aren't getting out of it that easily," Darcy chuckled. "Darn, I'm just going to go back," Thomas joked. "Oh hell no you're not! I almost went deaf to our daughters wail. Least you can do is help change her diaper," Darcy denied as she and Jake kept him from falling. 

-----------------------------------------

When they got home, the coven was already working on the house trying to fix it up. "Where are the babies?" Thomas asked as they walked up the stairs. "In our room," Darcy answered, "Mom was babysitting." He nodded as she took him upstairs to their room. "There he is," Penny smiled with Roman next to her. She was holding Juliette in her arms while Aidan and Adalyn were in the crib, "Rome-y said Darcy was able to save you." 

"Darcy does good work," Roman chuckled, "I wish it wasn't left to you, Darcy, but I will rest easier knowing that Penny, you, and the kids are safe." "Not only that, but Elizabeth was avenged," Penny added for him. "True enough," Roman chuckled, "Your mom had to go help with the injured. The twins are in their cribs. They sound hungry." "We should tend to that," Thomas chuckled. 

"We should," Darcy nodded and helped Thomas into the bed. "Good night," Penny said hugging Darcy with little Juliette in her arms still. "Good night," Roman smiled and hugged them both. He stopped by the door once Penny was out of the room and turned back to them. "Good to see I didn't lose my only brother today," He smiled a bit.  

"Same goes for you," Thomas replied. "Hear Hear!" Roman chuckled and left the room. "Hand me one of them, and I'll help you out," Thomas assured. "Okay," Darcy smiled as she walked over and picked up Aidan. She gently handed Aidan over to Thomas, and went back over to pick up Adalyn and sat down next to Thomas on the bed with a small rag so Thomas could burp the baby once Darcy was done feeding them. 

------------------------------

"I almost can't believe it," Roman said as he sat down on his and Penny's bed. "What?" Penny asked as she rocked Juliette to sleep. "All these years, chasing after him, and- and it's over. Not to mention, Darcy- she just came running in like she knew he was hurt badly. Like she knew he was dying," Roman explained. 

"She did. She felt it," Penny explained, "Every time Thomas took on a serious injury, Darcy felt it." "I forgot how close the bonds are. I should've known that she was feeling his injuries. I should have looked out for my brother a little better," Roman sighed. "Thomas is okay, Love. Darcy was able to save him, and now the dangers are over,' Penny assured. "For now," Roman frowned. 

"Stop that! It's over! Westhaven can finally be at peace again! Everyone can live out their lives! Don't do that doom is around the corner shit with me! Now hold our daughter and be happy that she is safe!" Penny said as she handed Juliette over to him. Roman smiled as he held his daughter. Then he just breathed a small laugh, "You're right. It's over, and our little girl will grow up safe and happy." "See," Penny smiled kissing him. 

--------------------------

"They're so beautiful," Darcy chuckled as she and Thomas watched their children sleep a moment. "They truly are, and now they are safe," Thomas replied. "Speaking of," Darcy turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I want to rest a few days, and then we go home." "Home?" He smiled. "Yes. You, me, the pack," Darcy replied, "The happiest times of my life were there. I want our children to grow up there." 

"They will," He smiled, "Aiden and Adalyn will learn to be wolves with the wolves of their pack, and Adalyn will learn to control both sides of her nature. They will grow up in peace." "Yeah. They will," Darcy smiled. "They will not have your life, Darcy," Thomas assured. 

"I know, I just- I worry for them. Can't I do that?" Darcy replied. "Not unless you want Adalyn using her magic on you again," He chuckled. "True. We're going to have to put a stop to that," Darcy chuckled. "Well, we have the time to do so," Thomas chuckled. "That we do," Darcy said as she leaned in and kissed him passionately, "We always have time to enjoy the good things." "And right now is a very good thing," Thomas chuckled kissing her back.