Chapter 22- Ocean Breeze

"I can't believe you had a twin brother and didn't tell me!" Penny frowned. "Well, can you at least see why I didn't?" Roman asked. "They were killing banshees?" Darcy frowned sticking on  the part where he witnessed a banshee's murder. "Only bad ones, the tradition was there for a long time. I assure you, I have never tasted the blood of one. My power does not come from the blood of any witch or banshee," Roman assured. 

"Where does it come from?" Thomas asked. "Sheer will. I was always said to be very powerful. Since the day I was born as a vampire," Roman explained, "The point is, I had not spoken to Radomir since. He left and never returned. That was hundreds of years ago. He committed murder before leaving. Even if he did come back on his own, he had a whole clan against him." 

"And now he has Darcy's blood," Thomas frowned. "Likely a taste for it too," Roman said then looked at Darcy, "You're not safe, and neither is your mother or any other banshee in Westhaven." "Anne needs to be told this," Thomas sighed, "She cannot be left out. With Darcy unable to wail... She's defenseless, and Anne's our only hope." "There are sadly some things up in the air that pose a problem," Roman sighed. 

"Like what?" Penny asked. "Darcy's memory. She wailed, and it did nothing but nearly get her and the other's killed," Roman frowned, "I don't think a banshee can win this one." "He wouldn't have done that to her if her wail was useless. He must have had protection," Penny argued, "Remember? Anne gave us amulets to protect us against Darcy. It worked until Darcy took them off." Darcy's head dropped. 

She didn't want to remember that moment, but she also felt helpless. She wanted to help in any way she could, but what could she do? She couldn't wail. That was the source of most of her power was her banshee side. She grew angry. Fiercely angry, and the others noticed it. Her skin paling and sinking in as her Banshee form was trying to break it's way out. It wasn't until she felt a calm and warm touch on her hand that she snapped out of those dark thoughts. 

She looked to see Thomas' hand on hers, then she looked up at his concerned glare. "Well that explains why you were so pale before but felt fine," Thomas frowned, "You're Banshee form is trying to come out when you're feeling a strong emotion." I- I am sorry, Darcy frowned as she sent to him, I feel more like a liability. "But you're not one," Thomas frowned. 

"There has to be some way we can help you?" Penny sighed, then she looked at Roman, "What can we do? Is there some way to reverse what the vampire venom did?" "Not much, your mother did an excellent job getting the venom out, however she's correct when she means the damage is done," Roman explained, "It's damaged her throat." "I refuse to believe there is no way," Penny replied. 

"We'll look for a way, Penny," Thomas assured, then he looked to Darcy again, "I promise. If there's away to help you get your voice back, we'll find it." Darcy nodded and smiled a bit softly. "We will leave you two to rest if you like. Darkas, why don't we go on back to our room and get settled?" Thomas said helping her off the bed. 

Darkas nodded and followed him out of the room after giving Roman and Penny a quick hug. She walked with Thomas down the hallway, and he gave her a small smile, "Do you feel better?" Yeah, She replied telepathically and then leaned into him as he wrapped his arm around her waist. 

I hope there is a way to fix my voice so I can talk again, She said as they entered the room, How do I sound in your head?  "Like an echo of your voice, but it is better than nothing," Thomas explained, "We'll find a way." Darcy nodded, as she sat down on their own bed. 

Do you feel better? Now that you don't have to worry Roman? Darcy asked him. "Yeah," He nodded sitting next to her. Good. You have so much on your plate worrying about me, that was the last thing that needed to wait, She sighed as she reached up and played with his hair. He laid over and rested his head in her lap to let her play with his hair easier.