Chapter 9- Wake Me Up

Penny searched the windows and doors and sighed, "She's blocked every entrance, hasn't she?" "Yeah," Roman sighed. "Well, then. We'll just make a new one," Penny smirked and slammed her fist into the wall outside the ballroom where she knew Darcy and Lila were. The wall caved in revealing a large enough hole for them to walk into. 

Darcy, Lila, and several Banshees all looked at them as they entered. All the Banshees hissed. Darcy just smirked a bit as they prepared. "You're going pretty far out of your way for a woman you hate," Darcy said with her gravely voice. "I told you already, Darcy. We're not here for her!" Penny reminded. Then she waved her hands out and nearly all the banshees but the ones closest to Darcy had fallen unconscious, "I want my sister back! I will get her! One way or another!" 

With every sentence, Penny walked closer and closer. "No more running, Darcy! This is not you, and you know it!" Penny snarled once she was within three feet of her sister, "You don't scare me." "Hmm," Darcy hummed then chuckled darkly. She swung her hand out, and Penny rose up in the air struggling to breathe, "You don't scare me either." 

"Penny!" Roman yelled trying to get to her. Thomas went for Darcy hoping to distract her. "Your little trinket isn't going to distract me again, Wolf-boy!" Darcy yelled raising him up in the air as well. Roman leapt at Penny and they fell to the ground. Roman held Penny as she gasped for air. Roman frowned as Thomas was still in the air struggling to breathe from Darcy's magical hold. "Stay here, Penny. I mean it!," Roman warned. 

Penny nodded, and Roman took off to help Thomas. However, this time Darcy was prepared. She kept knocking him away and throwing obstacles in his way to keep him from doing so. "Why are you so adamant about stopping me?! She has done nothing short of ruining my life! She took me away from you, but you want to stop me from getting revenge! Don't you want me to have my revenge?!" Darcy asked towards Thomas.

"Not if... it changes... who you... are!" Thomas managed through his struggling breaths. "Then I don't need you, mutt," Darcy snarled and the grip around Thomas's neck tightened until he couldn't take in any breath at all. He eventually fell unconscious, and she let him fall to the floor. She turned her attention to Roman, who had ran to Thomas' side. "Thomas!" He nearly cried, then he looked up at Darcy, "What have you done?!" 

"Oh my Gods!" Penny ran over to Thomas as well. She placed a hand on Roman who was practically fuming with anger. "It's not her, Rome-y," She warned him, "She's not herself." "To Hell with little compliant Darcy!" Darkas chuckled darkly as she tapped her chin thoughtfully, "Now what to do with you two?" 

"You will do nothing with them!" A woman yelled from the hole Penny had created in the wall. Her voice was strong, and her heels clicked the floor. Darcy frowned curious when the woman stepped into the light. "Anne, we- we couldn't stop her," Roman cried for his old friend, "I did everything I could." 

Anne looked down and frowned at Thomas' limp body on the ground, then back to Darcy. "What have you done?" Anne asked Darcy. "Killed the mutt. He wouldn't let me have my revenge," Darcy replied. "Your revenge? Was it really worth your moon-bond?!" Anne argued, then sighed disappointed, "You are not the little girl I watched grow up through a looking glass." "Who even are you to judge me?!" Darcy snarled. 

"She's your mom," Penny yelled annoyed as she tried to use magic to revive Thomas. Roman was even trying CPR, but nothing worked. Darcy was nearly shocked. The features shifted back to an in-between state. "See! You can't even shift all the way human anymore! Look at what you have done to yourself! You need control!" Anne patronized. "Like Hell!" Darcy shifted all the way back to her banshee form and let out a loud wail. 

The wail kept growing louder and louder until it became a bother to Penny, Roman, and Lila despite the amulets Anne gave to Penny and Roman. They cried out in pain and covered their ears. Anne turned to them, "Get out! Take Thomas and your mother with you! Now!"