Chapter 34- The Promises We Make

"Awe, she want's her mommy to feel better," Thomas chuckled, "See. If you won't listen to me, then listen to our infant daughter." "Thomas," Darcy smiled. "All I am saying is-," "I know what you're saying. I'm stressing myself out too much," Darcy replied, then she let out a sigh and looked at the bathroom door a moment. She sniffed her self a bit and her face contorted in disgust.

Thomas breathed a small laugh, "Would you like a shower? You should be healed by now." "Yeah, I would love one," Darcy replied. "Alright, let me put Aidan in his crib, then I'll take Adalyn," He said getting up. He put Aidan in the crib and gently picked Adalyn up. As he walked over to Adalyn's crib, Darcy pulled the blanket off herself and moved to get up. "Woah," She chuckled as she tried to get her balance.

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked. "Yeah, it's the first time in a long time that I've been able to see my feet standing up," Darkas chuckled as she slowly walked to the bathroom door. "If you need anything call for me," Thomas assured, "I'm going to change out the bedding for you." Darcy nodded and went into the bathroom. She turned on the shower and stepped out of her dress. 

As she waited for the water to warm up, she looked in the mirror and frowned. All the stretch marks and baby fat she'd gained was there for her to see. She had to be several pounds heavier than before she got pregnant. She turned away and got into the shower with a sigh. 

She hummed a bit as she washed herself off and washed her hair which was long again. She hadn't worried about cutting it before, and didn't feel like cutting it again. It had already grown down her back and was at her waist again. Thomas explained that for wolves their hair grows faster than humans. Everything is far superior for wolves and vampires as it was for humans. 

She smiled a bit as she let the water flow all over her. She then felt the magic she was releasing all around her. Her body began healing the rest of the way from giving birth that morning. One good blessing from superior healing. 

When she was finished with her shower, she turned the water off and stepped out. She looked in the mirror and smiled when the stretchmarks had gone away. The weight was still there, but that didn't matter to her. She was always small, it didn't hurt to have a little more weight on her so long as she was healthy. 

Satisfied with what she saw in the mirror, she then wrapped herself in a towel and walked out into the bedroom. Thomas had just finished changing the bedding out to really pretty silver grey sheets and pillow cases with the blanket and top pillows the same shade of grey but had morning glories of different colors all over it. 

Darcy smiled as she walked over to the closet in hopes to find something that would fit her. She frowned as she tried several pants on and even dresses, but none would fit her. Her maternity clothes were too big and her normal clothes were too small. She needed a shirt because she wanted it to be easier to breast feed in.

When she gave up, she let out a frustrated growl and pulled on one of Thomas' button up shirts. She buttoned it up a bit of the way and pulled on some panties and a pair of his shorts. Then she walked out of the closet while holding the ends of the sleeves in her hands to warm her fingers. "You look much better," Thomas said as he looked at her. 

"I feel much better," Darcy smiled, "Getting back used to not having all that weight on me, however I still have a lot of weight on me. I can't fit in my old clothes cause they're too small, but I also cant fit in my maternity clothes cause those are too big," Darcy frowned. "Don't worry, we'll find you something," Thomas said as Darcy sat down. 

"Although," He walked over and sat down next to her and pulled her into this lap, "You look very adorable in my shirts." "Then we'll just share your half of the closet," Darcy smiled. "Better than your half," He joked causing Darcy to chuckle a bit, "Very funny, Thomas." "I know," Thomas smiled, "I hoped it would get you to smile." "I am very happy right now," Darcy chuckled, "I have the most amazing husband, and the most beautiful babies. The perfect family." 

"Well, so am I," Thomas chuckled, "Now, I want you to get some more rest. We can put the babies on bottles instead if it would help you." "No. No. It actually helps to let them," Darcy replied, "My breasts hurt a lot. When I fed them, it didn't hurt so much." "Well, if it helps, then we do it however you want. It's your body. However, I will tell you that you need to rest," Thomas said. 

"I know. I feel it," Darcy said as she rested her head down on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her and hummed a bit as he rocked her side to side. "You make a great father," Darcy hummed as she dozed. "Thank you," Thomas smiled. Before he could say anything else, she had dozed off completely and was snorting. 

He chuckled a bit when one of the babies started crying. It didn't take long for him to learn it was Adalyn, since the crib started shaking. He gently set Darcy on the bed and walked over to the crib. Adalyn had glowing green eyes now, and he gave her a sad smile, "I bet someone has a stinky diaper, doesn't she." He gently picked her up and walked into the bathroom with her. As he was changing her diaper, he heard a knock on the door. 

"Thomas? It's Roman!" Roman called from the hallway. "Just a moment!" Thomas called back as he finished cleaning up Adalyn. He gently held her in his arms as he left the bathroom and went to the bedroom door to greet Roman. "Well hello there," Roman chuckled as he saw Adalyn in Thomas' arms. "Is that little Adalyn I see," He cooed as he caressed her cheek with his index finger, "The cutest little pups I ever saw. Darcy did a wonderous job." 

"I know," Thomas replied. "Oh, I have come to check up on you four. How is Darcy doing?" Roman asked. "She's doing better. She showered and fell asleep. I would've myself, but this little one needed a change," Thomas chuckled a bit. "She's very adorable," Roman smiled. "How are Penny and Juliette?" Thomas asked. "They're really good. Penny has remarkable self-control, and is taking to the blood we drink, and Juliette is even better. I like the idea of raising her on animal blood so she doesn't feel the need to drink human blood," Roman explained. 

"Good to get her on a good path early," Thomas agreed, "This one is showing banshee powers and she's only a few hours old." "Ah so she takes after her mother," Roman smiled. "Yeah. I'm a little concerned, but Darcy doesn't seemed concerned," Thomas replied. "You should trust her, then. Darcy knows what to do with that. As does Anne," Roman smiled. Then he sighed, "Well I'll let the two of you rest. Darcy looks a little cold, you might ought to get her under the blanket." 

"I will," Thomas assured, "I need to put this little cutie to bed first." "Good evening. Tomorrow, you and I will discuss how we might be able to go on the offensive against Radomir. I will not let Penny and Darcy live in fear for the children's lives any longer than they have to. They deserve to raise the children in peace," Roman explained. "I'm in. I will see you then. I plan on cuddling my wife for the night," Thomas chuckled. "Enjoy," Roman nodded and walked away with a smile. 

Thomas closed the door and walked over to Adalyn's crib. "Good night, my little princess," Thomas said as he kissed her forehead, then he laid her down in the crib the way Anne had shown him. He stepped over to Aidan's crib and smiled as he leaned down and kissed Aidan's forehead as well, "Goodnight, my prince." 

Roman walked into his and Penny's room and smiled at the scene before him. Penny was sitting in her chair by the window cradling their daughter in her arms and humming a small song. She stopped when she heard him enter. "How is she?" She asked. "She's doing well. She was asleep when Thomas answered the door. Little Adalyn is showing remarkable power," Roman smiled. "Oh yeah?" She smiled as she looked at him. 

"Yep," Roman chuckled as she walked over and knelt down next to them and frowned a bit. "What's the matter?" Penny asked. "I almost lost you, Penny. If Darcy had not told me to bite you, you wouldn't be here right now," Roman explained. "I am here. There is no need for any of us to be dwelling on what almost happened, and enjoy what has happened. I am here, and our little Juliette is here," Penny assured. 

"I promise I will do everything I can to keep us from losing our daughter," Roman promised. "I know you will, darling," Penny smiled as Roman hugged her. "Good, that is why I am finally going to take an offensive position. Thomas agrees. It's time I put an end to all of this," Roman snarled a bit, "For you. For Juliette. For Darcy, Thomas, Aidan, and Adalyn." "You do know what this means, Roman. This is very different from the situation with my mother. Radomir will not, and cannot change," Penny frowned. 

"I know. I know exactly what it means, Penny," Roman sighed, then he looked her in the eyes, "If it protects you and our baby and them, I will put an end to my brother."