2. Go for it

After breakfast, the parents and the Salvatore-Saltzman kids walked out of the doors of their luxurious mansion and got into their Range Rover and drove to the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, a school created for the next generation of super naturals by the Mystic falls gang.

As Ric and Ella walked through the doors, they were greeted by several children of all age groups with cheerful faces as everyone student in that school loved their head master and head mistress. The Salvatore Boarding school just gave that homely and cozy vibes to every student. The Salvatore-Saltzman kids waved, smiled, hugged and fist-bumped many of their friends on the way. As they reached the lounge, they were hugged by their cousins Jenna, Gray, Mia and Rose. Their cousins smiled and waved at their uncle and aunt. Rose ran off to Ella and tackled her in a hug.

Jenna and Gray were 15 years old, Mia was 16 and Rose was 10 years old. Henry and Liam ruffled the blonde hair from Rose's head and greeted her " Hey little Rosy."

A deep pout and frown formed on Rose's beautiful features. She crossed her arms across her chest and replied with a playful glare "First of all I'm not little and second of all it's Rose and not Rosy." 

"Whatever you say little Rosy". The brothers stated and walked off to assembly leaving an annoyed Rose behind. All the kids chuckled and left to the assembly hall. 

Meanwhile Ella and Ric went to her office and sat down. Ric's phone buzzed and he took it in his hands with a grin on his face. He seemed to be in his own world and took a minute to realize that he wasn't alone in the room. He cleared his throat and looked towards Ella who playfully winked in his direction with a teasing look.

"Is that Mac?" She questioned, knowing the answer very well.

He gave her a nervous smile like a teenager talking about his first crush and said "Yes".

Ella noticed the nervous look on her best friend's face. She asked with a frown on her face "everything ok?"

Ric sighed loudly, unable to hide his nervousness and replied "well I don't really have great history with women so what if I screw it up? What if it's just history repeating El? I really like her and she makes me happy but I'm scared if something happens to her? She's human!"

Ella grabbed his hand and said "Hey. You know very well my misfortune with men but I finally found the love of my life. For what it's worth give it a shot. She seems like a really great woman. If anyone deserves to be happy, it's you. And for the record, you didn't screw up anything. None of it was your fault. I say go for it."

Ric looked at her for a moment and seemed to take her words into consideration. Then he replied "Thanks a lot El. That really helped. She asked me if I wanted to grab dinner tonight. Should I say yes?"

She widely smiled and said " Yes! Of course. It's a date. Wear something nice." She chirped and got up from her chair. He chuckled and trailed behind her towards the assembly hall.