14. The heat of the grill

Previously on A Warrior's Heart,

After saying their goodbyes from the very awkward encounter, the kids and the two adults made their way back home, satisfied with their retail therapy.

________________________________________________________________________________

MIKAELSON MANSION

The Mikaelson trio returned from shopping with some new found information and suspicions.

As they strolled into the mansion, they saw Hope solving a crossword puzzle on the couch, Elijah reading a book and Klaus sitting by the fire place with a glass of whisky, in deep thought.

"We saw Elenora and her kids today. At the mall." Rebekah announced.

All three heads snapped towards them as the two originals perked up at the mention of the brunette tribrid's name.

"Where's Kol and Davina?" Rebekah asked.

Elijah sighed. "They seem to be spending a lot of time at the Lockwood residence sister."

"We heard Elenora and Caroline talkin-" Rebekah started but was cut off.

"Eavesdropping". Keelin and Freya said in sync.

Rebekah just rolled her eyes and continued "Fine. We were eavesd-"

"You  were eavesdropping". Keelin and Freya said in sync again.

Rebekah sighed in annoyance and continued "Fine. I was eavesdropping on their conversation and she said something about protecting us without her knowledge. What do you think she meant?"

"Klaus cheating on her kept that wicked witch away from our family. So technically she did protect us from her sorcery without our knowledge." Hayley said, walking down the stairs.

Everyone just ignored her and Rebekah continued "Her oldest three kids are 17, Nik".

"Well she moved on quickly, didn't she?" Klaus said angrily.

"At least she was faithful and didn't make her kids out of an alcohol fueled one-night scandal." Hope sassed, not looking up from her puzzle.

Everyone was speechless at what Hope had said except Keelin, who tried to control her laugh. 'Gosh how did this topic become casual conversation material' she thought.

Elijah stood up, placing the book on the table and said "Well we should drop the subject for now and perhaps concentrate on our own lives." He turned around and walked towards his and Hayley's room.

"Brother she is not just some girl. She was family once. Are you just giving up on her? Don't you want her forgiveness?" Klaus questioned.

Elijah stopped and turned to face his brother with an angry expression. "No you brother. YOU want her forgiveness. And because of your mistake, Rebekah and I are suffering. I want her forgiveness more than anything else. So do not ask me that question ever again." He snapped.

"You already have a family, Elijah. One less person won't kill." Hayley said, grabbing his arm.

Elijah sighed and looked at his girlfriend. "Like Niklaus said. She wasn't just any girl." He said and walked away.

"Well this has been fun, but I have homework to do." Hope said and walked away. Freya and Keelin walked towards the kitchen since they were hungry.

Rebekah walked towards her brother and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Nik what are you thinking?" She asked.

Klaus sighed. "I need to fix this. I made a mistake but we got Hope out of it. But I lost the love of my life. I need to apologize to her."