3. Bloody hell

Her outfit 

Her outfit 

After the assembly, Ella headed off to her first class. Along with being the headmistress, she also took two classes as they helped her connect better with the students. As that was done, she had her everyday coffee from her favorite coffee shop, Brew's cafe. Then she sat and graded a couple papers and looked through applications of new students. Summer just ended three days ago so students were still joining in. 

After a while, she glanced at her buzzing cell phone and her eyes lit up with joy and a wide smile spread across her lips. She picked it up and responded " Hey Mr Salvatore".

"Morning Mrs Salvatore. How was your day so far?" Her husband asked her.

"Pretty light schedule. The usual. So when are you coming back? I miss you so badly. Come back soon please?" She begged with a slight pout.

"Hmm depends. If you can make a tempting offer." He replied with a teasing tone.

"Well our kids are here and they miss you a lot so you can come back soon for them." She said with a smirk.

"It's a tempting offer but is there something else you can offer me?" He asked.

"I have a couple of ideas." She replied. 

He chuckled and replied "Can't wait. Tell the kids I love them. I'll be in mystic falls soon. I Love you."

Her heart melts every time she hears those three words form her husband's mouth. She quickly replied " love you too." And ended the phone.

For the next few minutes, she kept smiling at the feeling of being in her husband's arms again and how she would see the smiles on her kids faces at the sight of him. But that was wiped away from her face as the door to her office flew open and a flustered and panicked Ric ran to her.

"Ella there's something I need to tell you. And please don't freak out." He breathed out.

"Ric seriously calm down and tell me what happened?" She said in a calm tone.

5 minutes ago....

The phone in Alaric Saltzman's office rang as he glanced at it and pick it up.

"Good afternoon. This is Alaric Saltzman, Headmaster of the Salvatore boarding school for the young and gifted. How can I help you?" He greeted formally.

"Hi this is Freya. My family and I have heard a lot about your school. We were looking at it for a while for my niece. She's supernatural. How do we proceed with the enrollment?" The woman on the other end spoke with a little nervousness in her voice.

"Well miss, first the child along with their parent or guardian take a tour of the school. Then the paperwork and the enrollment is done." He replied.

"Oh ok. Um can we book a tour for our family. Actually we are new to town and my whole family would like to have a tour of the school." The woman asks.

"Of course. No problem. 5 pm tomorrow. Does that sound good?" He asked.

There was some whispering at the other end but quickly subsided as the woman replied " Sure".

"Can I just get the full name of the child please?" As soon as this question was asked, the woman visibly froze. After a brief pause, she replied "Hope Mikaelson".

〰〰〰〰〰

Elenora processed the information and took a deep breath. The fact that she had absolutely no change in expression scared Ric the most. 

"El, say something. Are you ok?'' He asked with concern laced in every word.

She looked him in the eye and said "Bloody hell".