28. New faces

Previously on A Warrior's Heart,

But unknown to any of them, Hayley died with a huge secret. Something she was willing to keep a secret even in death, Hayley's selfish deal with the devil. Ultimately, her selfishness is what got her killed. 

________________________________________________________________________

After the family found out about Hayley's death, they spent hours trying to console Hope that it doesn't make her a bad person at all. The party was over and everyone had gone home, including the extended family. The Salvatore- Saltzman family didn't bother crying fake tears as they had more dignity than that.

As they were sitting in the living room in silence, there were soft knocks on the door. Ella opened it to see the Mikaelsons standing there with sad faces.

"We wanted to apologize." Elijah spoke as they all nodded.

Elenora knew that all of them felt guilty right now and she wasn't in a mood to fight.

"Come in." She said as she lead them in. They looked at the 6 people sitting there and went an took seats on the couch in silence. The family hated the other. But they knew that the guilt they were feeling right now is genuine.

"Hope's upstairs with the other kids." Elenora said.

"How is she?" Klaus asked.

"She feels guilty. But she'll be fine." She replied.

"We wanted to apologize and thank you. We're really sorry for our behavior and the trouble we caused you in the last few days." Elijah spoke up.

"Thank you for not abandoning Hope and taking care of her. And unlike Hayley, thinking that we are a part of Hope's family and not just bad news." Rebekah said smiling with tears.

"Sorry I attacked you and tried to enter your memories, twice." Freya said. 

Elenora nodded at the apologies and smiled a little.

"I think you should let Hope stay the night. She could use a little distraction." Marcel said.

"Yeah um thanks." Rebekah said, smiling at him as he smiled slightly.

"But why did you take Hope's memories away?" Keelin asked with genuine curiosity.

Elenora sighed as her family slightly glared at Elenora. What she did was kind of extreme but it needed to be done. She thought for a moment and carefully contemplated her next words.

"I could sense that the Hollow was gonna come. Blue light surrounding  the four tribrid kids in my dreams, the snake symbol the four had been constantly drawing. If the Hollow had to be destroyed, then she couldn't know about me or the triplets. I knew she would inhabit Hope's body sooner or later. When she did, she would have access to Hope's mind completely. So I had to do it." Elenora explained.

"Wait. Vincent told us that some old friend had made a noble donation and destroyed the hollow. Was that you?" Klaus asked.

"Mhmm." Elenora hummed.

"How did you..." Elijah trailed off.

Silas sighed and replied "Well we can tell you the story later. But first we need to sleep. And so do you guys." He said, wrapping an arm around Ella's shoulder.

Klaus glared at the arm around her as Elijah replied and said "Yes we should probably leave. Good night." He said as he stood up and so did the others.

They all left as they went to their bedrooms to get some sleep. Before Ella could go to hers, Kol grabbed her arm.

"Hey El I know it's none of my business but maybe they should know about what happened." Kol said.