8. Hey there. Miss me?

Previously on A Warrior's Heart,

"This is all your fault. Now go be good parents and console her." Kol seethed at Hayley and Klaus and grabbed Davina's hand as they sped towards the Salvatore-Saltzman mansion for family night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella was in the kitchen setting up for family night. She filled a bowl with nachos, each bowl with salsa, chicken parmesan, multiple plates of pizza and other food. The most exciting part for the whole scooby gang was the gumbo which Ella made.

FLASHBACK-19 YEARS AGO

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

THE ABBATOIR

Elenora skipped happily and walked into the compound as she suddenly bumped into a dark -haired familiar witch, Sophie Deveraux. She looked at her and gasped loudly, clearly not expecting her.

"You scared me! What are you doing here?" Sophie asked.

"Umm I live here. Question is what are you doing here at". Ella glanced at the screen of her phone and let out a dramatic gasp "12 am! Gosh Soph." She mocked.

"Look please don't tell Jane Anne ok. She'll kill me if she find out that-" Sophie was cut off by Elenora.

"that you're hooking up with the vampire enemy behind her back? How scandalous!" She sarcastically remarked.

"Fine. I'll do whatever you want but please don't tell her." Sophie practically begged. Ella pretended to think for a while but quickly replied

"Fine. I won't rat you out if you give me your famous gumbo recipe." 

Sophie gave her a dead-panned look and said "Seriously. Is that all you want in return? I don't believe you."

"Or maybe you'll believe me when I pay Jane a little visit." Ella replied.

"NO No no. Fine I'll give it to you." Sophie sighed and pulled out a paper from her bag and gave it to her.

"THANK YOU SOPH I LOVE YOU!" Elenora whispered-yelled. The witch chuckled at the girl and was about to walk out when she heard a groan and a snarky remark "Marcel! Seriously. Girl you can do better." The witch shook her head at her friend and walked out of the compound.

FLASHBACK OVER

〰〰〰〰

Lexi was helping the girls set up the table while Ric was removing the alcohol for the adults. Henry and Liam were setting up the living room and the guest bedrooms since the gang usually stays over, have breakfast with everyone and leave. Just as Ella placed the gumbo dish on the table coater on the dining table, the doorbell rung and it's sound echoed throughout the house.

"COMING!" Lizzie yelled and ran towards the door. As she opened it, she was met with icy blue eyes of Damon Salvatore.

"Hey kid". He greeted and ruffled her hair.

"UNCLE DAMON! AUNT ELENA!" The five squealed and embraced their uncle and aunt.

They laughed and hugged the kids who they had known since they were babies.

"Hey what about us?" Came the voices of Jenna Miranda Salvatore and Grayson Johnathan Salvatore.

"Aww. Did we hurt your feelings?" Lexi asked.

They chuckled and the four entered the mansion with giant smiles. Soon they were all joined by Bonnie Bennett St-John , Enzo St-John and Amelia (Mia) Bennett St-John, Kol Mikaelson, Davina Claire Mikaelson, Rose Eliza Forbes-Salvatore (adopted daughter of Steroline), Caroline Forbes Salvatore, Stefan Salvatore, Matt Donavan, Jeremy Gilbert, Melissa Jones-Gilbert (his wife), Tyler Lockwood and Jessica Lockwood (Tyler's wife-she's human) and Dylan Lockwood (their 2 year old son).

                                                                      **************************

They all had the delicious food that was served to them after a hearty conversation on the table. Especially watching Kol fit in with the family just clicked right in.

Alaric, Stefan, Kol, Damon, Matt, Tyler, Enzo and Jeremy were having bourbon and taking in the living room. The kids were in the basement playing pool with their cousins. Rose was having ice cream while watching Dylan play in the huge ring of soft toys. Elenora, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Davina, Jess and Melissa were in the backyard by the fire sipping wine.

"CAN WE TALK? DID HE SERIOUSLY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ASK CAN WE TALK!?" Caroline screeched, clearly waiting to punch the hybrid's face.

"But I shooed him off so no biggie." Ella replied.

"And you're ok with all of that?" Elena asked.

"I don't know guys. I am under the impression that they're here for their daughter to have a good future and I get that. But if they are gonna act like a bunch of brats, then I'll have to do something." Ella said with a shrug.

"But seriously. Hayley had the nerve to keep rolling her eyes and make bitchy comments at you when you're the one should be doing that." Davina said.

"I don't know Vinnie I'm just trying to keep my temper at control because I just feel like plucking that woman's eyeballs out every time she rolls them. But something's really sketchy with her." Ella sighed.

They all hummed and continued sipping their wine.

Once they all had a lot of fun and were completely exhausted, they all crashed on their designated beds. As Ella was about to go upstairs, there was a knock at the door. She frowned, knowing that nobody usually comes to their house at 1 am. She walked towards the door and opened it only to be greeted by the handsome face of her husband. 

"Hey there. Miss me?"  

_______________________________________________________________________________

Cliff hanger!!!!