6 New yet Old Khushi

Part 6 New Yet Old Khushi

Arnav didn't feel to eat dinner. He didn't feel anything right. So, he didn't touch the box sent by Ratna.

Why Neerav is like this? Arnav thought to talk to Neerav. How could he be irresponsible? If he doesn't know about his responsibilities, he should make him understand his responsibility. How could he disappoint a girl after giving her hope about their relationship? It was Neerav who liked Khushi and asked his parents to take the proposal forward. Arvind and Ratna as well as Shashi and Garima were happy about the proposal. Arvind was damn happy about it more than anyone because he knew he and Ratna will get a daughter, in the form of a daughter-in-law. They liked Khushi very much and waited for Khushi to finish the graduation. After she finished her studies, Arvind and Ratna started nagging Arnav to return to India and we already knew he didn't get time to come back to India as he got busy in the London AR branch.

Arnav saw the saline bottle getting finishing. A nurse came and injected Khushi. She shrank her face when the injection was given. Arnav felt relieved and hoped she will get her consciousness back soon.

As he expected, Khushi opened her eyes slowly. She couldn't understand where she was and what happened to her. She saw Arnav looking at her, sitting next to her bed. She tried to sit on the bed and hissed in pain as the needle in her hand pricked.

*Careful...* Arnav said.

She frowned clutching her hand.

*Don't get up... stay...* though it was an order it sounded soft.

*Ammaaaaa? * she called, looking here and there.

*She is in GH* Arnav said.

*Ratna aunty? *

*She is with Garima aunty... Dad just went home to take medicine... he asked me to be here*

*Why I'm here? *

*You fainted... didn't get consciousness... that's why I and Dad brought you here. We will go home after this bottle gets over* Arnav said.

That's when she recalled what happened in her life.

*Babuji...* she said horrified.

*Shhhhh... stop crying...*

Khushi looked at him weirdly.

*My Babuji is no more and you ask me to be quiet? * she asked with shivering lips.

*Will your Babuji come back if you cry? *

She looked down crying.

*I agree it's not easy to accept the reality... but you have to... because it's the reality... your father will not come back no matter how hard you cry...*

*You are talking meaningless...*

*What about your mother? Don't you want her to be happy? Are you going to make how worried about you? Do you know how anxious she is? Who else other than she has for herself? Only YOU... Can't you understand that Khushi? *

Khushi cried closing her face with her palms.

*Cry how much you want... but, make sure, you are not going to cry again if you are done...*

She looked at him biting her lips weeping.

*I'm sorry for the loss you are facing right now*

She closed her eyes helplessly.

*Try to understand Khushi... aunty is guilty and also anxious. Uncle left you without caring about anything. Don't you want your Amma to be relaxing? How could she be if she sees you crying? So, what if you guys lost everything? You have your mother and she has you... make her think you are enough for her... give her strength... don't make her think like, it would have been good if she had a SON...*