26 The wedding Night

Part 26 The Wedding Night

The guests started dispersing. Garima and Buaji were ready to leave RM. They came to the room where Khushi was waiting. Khushi rushed to Garima, seeing her.

"Amma, what's happening here? Why did Neerav get married to Laila all of a sudden without any announcement?" Khushi asked whispering.

"I don't want you to bother about him on your wedding day. That's why I didn't say anything before." Garima said.

"Bother? What's there to be bothered?" Khushi asked.

"He misbehaved with Laila when she was alone in the guestroom. Her parents created a big scene regarding. Without any choice, Arvind Bhai and Ratna agreed to get him married to her... poor them" Garima said sadly.

"Without any choice means?"

"Laila's father asked Arvind Bhai to do so"

"Did Laila agree to marry Neerav?" Khushi asked.

"What else she could do?"

Khushi frowned. She knew Laila's character. She is not a girl who agrees to marry the person who misbehaves with her and it was a little hard for her to believe Neerav misbehaved with her. That too, on his elder brother's wedding day. Something is not right. She thought but didn't say anything to Garima and Buaji.

"You don't have to worry about them... just concentrate on your life. Arvind Bhai and Ratna will take care of them" Buaji said.

Khushi nodded ok even though she was not fine with what Buaji said. How could she not care about them when they were parts of the Raizada Family? Garima and Buaji left taking her leave.

Though Arvind and Ratna were dissatisfied with Neerav's wedding they didn't want to spoil Arnav and Khushi's wedding mood by showing it. They called the Grooms and Brides to perform the Grahapravesh ritual. All the four gathered at the entrance of the Raizada mansion to perform the ritual.

"You have to lift your wife in your arms and should walk to your room," Ratna said while arranging the KALASH, without looking at them.

Khushi looked at Arnav bewildered whereas Laila looked down. Neerav waited for Arnav to start as he was the elder son of Raizada. Arnav didn't hesitate to do that. In no time, he scooped Khushi in his arms and walked in.

Arvind and Ratna gestured to Neerav to do the same. Removing the garland from his neck, Neerav threw it on the floor and walked to his room, leaving horrified Laila. Neither he was ready to perform the ritual nor did he want to touch Laila.

"Neerav... stop it, I say..." Arvind shouted but Neerav didn't give heed to his shout.

Arnav who was about to enter his room with Khushi stopped, hearing Arvind's high tone voice. Khushi tried to get down from his hand. Arnav put her down inside his room. But he didn't feel to stop Neerav. Neerav locked his door from inside. Arvind and Ratna looked at Laila who was standing, fuming. She changed her facial expression into a sad one, seeing their gaze on her. Arvind and Ratna rushed towards Neerav's room and knocked on the door. Arnav couldn't hold himself. He ran to Neerav's room and banged on the door.

"Neerav, open the damn door" he shouted.

Neerav opened the door and stood blocking the way. Arvind was about to say something, Neerav stopped him, showing his palm.

"This is a matter between me and her... you can make me marry forcefully but can't make me..." he stopped.

"Neerav..." Ratna shouted.