32 The Cheque

Part 31 The cheque

"Silent wife...? I had seen how silent you are..." Arnav teased.

Khushi hit his shoulder pouting, making him laugh.

"I told you, no wife can be silent with her husband"

"Enough... let's discuss lighting" she tried to divert him.

"There is nothing to discuss. I have spoken with Steve already and it's over"

"Then why did Steve ask me to discuss it with you?"

"He does what I want... right?"

"Was that you who asked him to do that?" she asked him shockingly.

Arnav nodded yes.

"But why?"

"To get you into to the track"

Khushi dropped her jaw.

"Did you lie?"

"Yeah...just like a SILENT WIFE" he laughed.

"Don't you think you are teasing me a lot these days?" she frowned, keeping her hands on her hip.

"These days? We just got married yesterday..."

"Have not you started teasing me a long ago... even before our marriage?"

"I did that to find a girl who talked non-stop with me at our first meet"

Khushi was stunned.

"You know this gloomy avatar doesn't suit you. I just want to see you as that" Arnav said seriously.

"Will you be quiet without teasing me if I will be like the old Khushi?" She asked teasingly.

"How could I? In fact, I like that old Khushi very much"

It made sense...

"Did you like me?" Khushi threw the question and got stuck for a while.

"Who won't like you Khushi? You made the surroundings lively..."

"I asked ONLY about you," she asked meeting his eyes.

"Yeah... I too like you" he said simply.

"Why didn't you wish me on my birthday if you like me?" she arrowed an unexpected question.

Arnav sighed.

"You became my brother's fiancée at that time..."

"So what? Shouldn't brother's fiancée deserve a wish on her birthday?"

"I thought Neerav may think wrong"

"Why would he think wrong? What's wrong with that? And how does he know you wished me?"

"I thought you guys are in talking terms"

"Even though we are in talking terms what harm if you wish me?" she asked confusingly.

"Forget it... At that time I was in the new AR branch tension," Arnav said.

Khushi was about to ask something, HP knocked on their door.

"Yeah...?" Arnav asked.

"Arnav baba, Garimaji and Buaji are here"

Khushi looked at Arnav frowning. Just now she returned from GH. Then why they were there? Khushi rushed downstairs. Arnav followed her. She saw them talking with Ratna coolly which cooled Khushi down. There were two men sitting on the couch. Who are they?