7 Arnav's lead...

Part 7 Arnav's lead...

Arnav slept in the car whereas Ratna slept with Garima and Khushi. Arvind was sleeping on the couch of the living room. Ratna slept quickly as she was tired. Garima was up till midnight. After that, she drifted into sleep. But Khushi didn't sleep as she already slept in the hospital. She came to the window and stood looking out. She saw Arnav getting down from the back seat of the car. Opening the front door, he checked the water bottle. It was empty. Khushi came to the kitchen and removed a bottle from the fridge. She came out and saw him trying to sleep again. She knocked on the window glass. Arnav saw her and opened the door. He got down hurriedly.

*Khushi...? You here? *

She extended the water bottle to him.

*You would have asked me water*

*You were sleeping... I just don't want to disturb you*

*It's not a disturbance... you can ask me anything you want*

*Ok, I will ask you anything I want*

She nodded yes and went back to the house. Arnav sat in the car and drank the water with a smile.

The next day

Arnav saw Neerav coming. He sat under a tree silently. Arnav came to Neerav.

"I need to talk to you..."

"Tell me, Arnav"

"Go and have a few consoling words with Garima aunty and Khushi" he insisted.

"They are not in the condition to get consoled, Arnav"

"So...? Will you be carefree? You are going to be a son-in-law of this family. Don't you have the responsibility for them? Who said your words won't console them? Maybe, others words can't do that buy yours will definitely do because you are their Damad..."

"Arnav..."

"Shut up and go..."

Arvind who was listening to them came to them.

"Don't you have a curtesy? Do you want us to insist on you for everything? Can't you just understand a little thing...?" Arvind chided Neerav.

"Dad, this is what I'm and you know that. You can't insist me for everything, every time... so, just leave me on my own way..."

Neerav left. Arvind sighed whereas Arnav gritted his teeth.

*This is not done, Dad...*

*He is like this, Chotte. He is highly irresponsible... I don't know how he is going to be a good husband in the future* Arvind said.

*Then why do you want to get him married? * Arnav asked him wearily.

*We thought he would become responsible if he gets married as he liked Khushi*

Arnav gulped down.

*We should arrange Gupta women a house, Chotte*

*No need, Dad... I had a talk with Khushi yesterday night when we return back home from the hospital. She said they have a house in Laxmi Nagar*

*Whose house is that? *

*Her Grandmother's *

*Oh...*

*She said they will shift thereafter the rituals get over*

Arvind sighed.

*Didn't Khushi looked confident than before? *