36 Feelings...

Part 36 Feelings...

"I didn't come to India because I didn't have the guts to see you getting married to my brother... Because I loved you" Arnav heard broken the EGG of his life.

Khushi was gazing at him bewildered with an unbelievable stare. What did he say? What he just said is true? Did he love her? From the beginning? She swallowed the gland that was choking her throat.

"You loved meeee?" she asked with disbelief.

Arnav was silent.

"I ask you something, Arnav"

Arnav looked at her gulping down.

"Tell me, Arnav"

"I just did"

"Not completely"

Arnav sighed.

"Don't you think I should know the truth?" She asked.

"What do you want to know?"

"Did you love me... from the beginning?"

Arnav nodded yes.

"But..."

"I liked you when I saw you at my parent's wedding anniversary function. That was the first time I spoke to someone with INTEREST. Honestly, I don't know why I liked you. I thought it's a timing attraction. But... I was always thinking about you. I suspected my feelings. Before going to London, my heart so wanted to see you. That's when I understood this is something I never wanted to get in. But I couldn't help. I got in."

"Then why didn't you meet me?"

"I didn't meet you but I saw you..."

"Did you see me? When?"

"Outside your college campus. That day, you were in a red netted saree with a sleeveless boat neck blouse. You looked so beautiful"

Khushi was dumbfounded. Yes, she was wearing the saree at her college founder's day function. It was her favorite saree. Did he see her this much deeply?

"The next day, I went to London. I thought to talk about you to mom after coming from London because you were studying in college at that time. I thought Shashi uncle won't hurry your marriage as you are his only daughter." He stopped and looked that Khushi who was gazing at him like ever before.

"Neerav's proposal was least expected to me. I didn't know what to do. I felt so helpless because I thought you too are interested in Neerav. Neerav is also talkative like you. I thought that's why you liked him."

Khushi wanted to say what happened between Neerav and her. But she didn't interfere in Arnav's talk. She stayed quiet letting him talk.

Arnav sighed.

"I never wanted to come back to India. My parents started, insisting to get me married because they wanted Neerav to get married to you soon. They like you very much. That irked me. I love my family... I love my brother... But I was unable to compromise when it comes to you. I refuse to come to India because I didn't have the strength to see you going to another hand. It may sound selfish but I thought, someday my parents will perform Neerav's marriage without my presence. I even asked them to do that but they denied"

"Thank God you didn't come to India," Khushi said emotionally.

Arnav looked at her with a sharp gaze. Though he knew what does she mean he felt something in him.

"Why?" he asked intentionally.

"His changed behavior didn't affect me as I didn't get attached to him. But if I had married him, my condition would have been so miserable. I would not have beard his change if he had changed after the marriage. He would have surly divorced me"