29 Not for you

Part 29 Not for you

Laila called Anup and he attended the call.

"Hello, baby, Good morning... hope you are happy..."

"I'm not happy... and this morning will not be happy for not only me but also for you," Laila said panicking.

"What do you mean?"

"Rakesh got arrested this morning for keeping fifty lakhs in his house"

"Whaaaaat! How do you know?"

"Aman called Arnav and told him about it"

"But why did the police go to his house?"

"They are narcotic department. It seems, someone informed that Rakesh has drugs..."

"Drugs...? But the much I know he doesn't have the habit of drugs"

"He might have used it without anyone's knowledge because it's not a matter of doing it in open"

"You are right"

"Dad, I'm scared... what if Rakesh tells the police about us?"

Anup became silent. He was also thinking about the same.

"What will happen if Rakesh tells the truth? Neerav is already angry with me. he didn't even let me enter his room last night"

"Whaaaaat!"

"Yes, Dad... he is furious on me. he pushed me out of his room and made me stand outside for the whole night"

"How dare he...!"

"He dared... he is not what we thought... he seems a very tough nut to crack"

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know... but, if Rakesh spills the beans, I will experience the worst"

"If the situation became worse, just leave RM and come back to our house"

"They will send us to jail... what do you think of Raizadas...? Will they leave us for humiliating them in front of the crowd? Neerav will peel my skin off..." she said fearfully.

Anup gulped down hard. Of course, he too knows Raizadas. He didn't care about the business tie-ups with Raizadas but the recent tie-up that's going to put his daughter's life in danger. He never imagined that their drama would come to an end so soon. He didn't know what to do because the matter was about narcotics. No one could near Rakesh. He thought he could easily manipulate Neerav but it seems he is furious due to the forced marriage. But more than facing Neerav, he was feared to face senior and junior ASR. Arnav trusted his brother even after the situation was against him. And Arvind... he will kill him if he gets to know the truth. Anup felt like he was hanging on the edge of the rope.

"Dad, please do something. Neerav will surely kick me out of RM if he Rakesh tells the truth."

"I will take care of it," Anup said.

"Dad, Neerav is coming. I'm disconnecting the call" she disconnected the call without waiting for his reply.

Anup was worried. Though he said I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT he had no idea HOW.

Laila hid behind a pillar. She didn't want to go in front of Neerav because she knew he was furious with her. So, she stayed away from him.

In the meanwhile,

Ratna made Khushi sit on the bed of her room and sat next to her. She clutched Khushi's hand and hesitated to start.

"I'm sorry aunty... I made you worried" Khushi said before she said anything.