Getting to Know Each Other

Edited 5/30/22.

A/N: This chapter contains mild swearing, references to alcohol, implied sexual content, and implied homophobia.

***

"What was all that talk of you making me beg and whine, Tiger?" Marshall teased, his tongue dragging along the length of Paul's throat. "You were giving me all this lip about what you wanted to do to me. Holding me by the waist, sneaking peeks at my asswhich you weren't slick about, by the waytrying to butter me up with compliments. Yet here you are, ready for me to eat you up."

"Don't- don't be such a tease." Paul mewled. "I'll get you one of these days."

"I'm holding you to that, darling. Doesn't have to be next time, but we'll see if you can manage to break me."

*

Marshall let out a deep, guttural groan at the sight of a needy expression pointed his way. He grabbed his mate by his face with a single hand. Strong fingers dug into the moldable surface of Paul's cheeks. The hard line of his jaw rested in the vampire's palm; his grip firm and tight. Marshall licked his lips in response to desperate panting.

Cheeks were flushed. Eyes were glazed and glossy. Pupils were blown out. The shifter squirmed in his spot on the floor in between his imprint's legs.

"You're cute when you're like this, Tiger. It suits you- being on your knees for me."

Paul harshly gripped at his companion's thighs. Sharp fingers dug into the hard flesh of the vampire. He hissed at the painand also huffed in excitement.

"I get it, I get it. I won't tease you today. Better make it worth my while though. Instead of squeezing at my legs, how about you put those hands to better use somewhere else."

*

No one paid any mind to the motel room door that slammed behind them. The room itself was encased in darkness, but neither of them had the clear cognitive function to try and reach for the light switch.

Paul pushed Marshall up against the door. The vampire barely had a second to react before his mate was upon him again. Their tongues fought for dominance. They tugged at each other's clothes with reckless abandon. The kiss muffled their hums of satisfaction.

They continued this dance until Marshall turned the tables. He flipped their position so Paul was the one pinned to the door. Their kiss parted for a fraction of a second as the vampire picked the shifter up and wrapped his strong legs around his waist.

Pale cheeks were grabbed. The gesture was used as a guide to resume their greedy pecks. Handsy grazes were made along their bodies once more. A strong taste of alcohol made Marshall growl. Such an unhinged, animalistic sound made Paul lightheaded.

"Come on, Marshmallow, don't keep me in suspense. Do your worst."

*

"I finally give you the opportunity to top me, and this is all you got?" Marshall laughed, his voice a bit breathless.

"I don't know, Marshmallow, you seem a little... excited to me." Paul kept his touches light as a feather. He smirked at every stifled whimper. "I know you like things fast and in your control. But things aren't going to happen like that this time. We'll move on when I think you deserve it."

"Ooh, being dominant now are we? Can't say I don't like it, because I do. A whole fucking lot." Marshall tried to suppress another moan. "Well, Tiger, let's see what cards you've got up your sleeve- because you've certainly got my attention. I really hope you bite as aggressively as you bark."