Una Vida Precioso Contigo

Edited 6/28/22.

A/N: This chapter contains a mild panic attack.

***

Soft jazz music fills up the echoing space of an otherwise quiet bathroom. A deep orange glow is coming in from outside. Warm light masks tiled walls in a lightly saturated hue. Lukewarm water fills the bathtub. Previous bubbles have fallen away into nothing.

Marshall's head is leaning against the rounded edge of a porcelain wall. A single tear streak is falling from his left eye. He's holding himself in a half upright fetal position. Slow blinks are used to combat the tightness building in his upper eyelids. Aside from clenching his jaw, he doesn't move. He barely reacts when his ears pick up the sound of approaching footsteps.

Marshall sighs when Paul walks in. In his peripheral vision, the vampire makes out the deep black of his husband's attire. Hollow eyes look up when quiet music is paused.

Paul actually looks quite nice.

"... Esme and Carlisle are downstairs. With Brad," he explains. "They're setting his coffin up on top of the prepared bonfire logs in the backyard. Sam and the others are helping out. They won't start anything until you're ready. We're prepared to wait for as long as you need us to."

"It's fine. Can you help me get ready?"

Paul nods and walks over, offering a faint smile. He gives a swift flick to the tub's trip-lever. A high waterline begins to lower.

Once it's at an appropriate height, Marshall is aided in standing up. A fluffy white towel is draped around his shoulders. He wipes his feet against the padded bath mat before heading over to their bedroom.

He stands in silence. He barely moves when gentle passes are made over his body to dry him. Featherlight fingertips graze his skin a few times, and it makes the vampire break out in goosebumps as he shudders.

The towel is tossed onto the bed in a damp heap. Paul helps his imprint into a pair of boxer briefs before their collective attention is brought to a hanging suit by the closet.

It consists of simple black dress pants and a black blazer. The dress shirt is made of silk and has a slight sheen reflecting off of it. A black suit vest has shimmering embroidery along its back. The black tie has a similar design going down its length.

Marshall blanks out for a moment, only coming to after he's completely dressed. He blinks in confusion when a brush glides through his dark waves alongside a hair drier blasting out cool air. In an attempt to distract himself, he begins fiddling with the dark paint on his nails.

Both hands are shaking. His bottom lip is pulled between his teeth. Raging thoughts are moving a mile a minute. The overpowering smell of dog helps console him.

Once his hair is done, the two make their way downstairs. Padding of socked feet against carpeted wood is muted.

The living room layout is a bit messier than usual due to people sleeping over.

Marshall doesn't mind the mess.

He walks over to the shoe rack, sliding on his black Oxfords. He takes the lead when it's time to walk outside.

Sunshine is peeking from behind surrounding trees. The sky is a mix of faint blue, pink, and orange. Clouds are gliding across in different shapes. They move along in such a slow manner, it's as if everything is stationary.

It smells like flowers. It's breezy as well. Leaves are dancing in tandem with delicate wind.

Multiple cars are sitting in front of the house. Carlisle and Esme are seen waiting at the bottom of the porch stairs beside their own vehicle. Both are clad in their own funeral attire. They give small waves in greeting.