Pretty Boy

Edited 7/11/22.

A/N: This chapter contains mild swearing and implied sexual content.

Aside from that though, let's enjoy a big Lahote wedding!

***

Golden eyes are staring into a tall mirror.

In the background of the reflection, a clothing divider is standing half folded. Articles of wrinkled garments are neglected on a fabric chair. An empty suit bag is dangling off of a metal hanger. Pink and orange hues are seeping through tinted windows, coating the room in a warmer glow.

Marshall, clad in his wedding attire, is standing tall in the foreground of the reflection.

The outfit consists of a design similar to the suit he wore in Vienna to the opera house. A new color scheme consists of black on white. Dark floral patterns rest against a bright background. His blazer's lapel along with his tie are black. His silk dress shirt is white, and cufflinks in the shape of roses follow suit. He's also adorning a pair of black formfitting dress pants with shoes to match.

Black waves are side swept. They're partially held back by dark pins. Some strands have been left to frame his face.

While looking over his appearance as a whole, Marshall glances down at his clasped hands. He finds it strange to see his wedding band missing. The absent piece of jewelry doesn't bring about any form of negativity though, because he knows in a few minutes, he's going to be getting it back.

The ring will reclaim its rightful place upon the announcement of 'I do.'

A light knock against a closed door gets the vampire's attention. He turns around. His lips purse in nervousness as Carlisle peeks inside.

The man offers a knowing smile. "It's time, Marsh."

He nods his head in understanding. Trembling hands move to grab a bouquet composed of roses and sunflowers. Small jewels are placed in the centers of each flower.

As he cradles the floral bundle near his chest, Marshall takes a needed breath. He walks out of the room with the bouquet in one hand, shutting the door with the other.

Both men descend the stairs in silence. Footfalls against hardwood are amplified by a collective lacking presence. Marshall's attention stays rooted to the floor.

He knows that he's already married to Paul. This is more of a glorified promise since they're already united forever. Still, their initial ceremony was done in front of an intimate group. Multiple sets of people are here today—it's more than just the pack this time. And while Marshall doesn't really mind being the center of attention every now and again—he doesn't want all eyes on him in the case that his nerves cause him to trip.

"You're thinking really loud," Carlisle teases.

"I can't help it- I've never done something like this before. I've never done something this big. I don't want to fall."

"I won't let you. Never again."

Both men stop near the back door leading outside. From his position, Marshall takes in the sight of wooden benches decorated with the same flowers that he's holding in his hands. Two metal lamps with lit candles inside lead to a dark red carpet. Lace canopy drapes are shielding numerous sets of fairy lights.

His eyes stop when they reach a familiar pair of dress shoes. He brings his focus back down to his bouquet.

When Marshall sees Paul, he wants to do it when he's walking down the aisle.