35 | bad influence

"Stay," Jacob whispers

"Stay," Jacob whispers. "Please."

"I have a meeting for the paper," I remind Jacob, rising from his bed to gather my things as I shoot him a pointed glance. "I'm going to be late."

"Come on," Jacob groans, reaching for my hand to pull me back toward him as he regards me with a pleading expression. "The paper will be there tomorrow. Besides, you said you barely do anything there anyways. I thought you, like, hated working on it?"

I purse my lips. "I do. But I can't just not go. Then I'll look bad. I'm hoping to eventually be able to write, remember?"

"But you're not writing yet," Jacob murmurs, gripping my waist as he sets me down in his lap. His lips curl into a knowing smirk. "So what's the point?"

I study him for a moment, taking in his pouting expression and wide brown eyes. I run my hands through his hair, leaning into him as I press a kiss to his forehead. "You talked me out of studying last night and now you're trying to get me to skip my meeting? I'm starting to think you're a bad influence on me, Jacob Beckham."

"Me?" Jacob asks in mock surprise. "I am no such thing. You just deserve a break sometimes, babe. You work yourself way too hard, Blythe. Between classes and all of your extracurriculars, I feel like I never get any time with you."

I allow my gaze to fall to Jacob's comforter, studying the gray material so as to have an excuse not to meet his gaze. Jacob has a slight point. I do tend to wear myself thin. Taking on extra credits this semester has been a pain in my ass. I'd be lying if I said I wanted to waste an hour stuck in the journalism building, reviewing boring articles for this week's issue of The Cardinal.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to miss one meeting," I admit guiltily. "But just this once. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am," Jacob agrees enthusiastically. I laugh as he flips me over onto the mattress so that I am laying on my back, his frame hovering over my figure as he pins my body between his arms. "I'm just grateful to be getting more time with you."

"Yeah?" I tease with a faint smile. "I don't believe you."

"I guess I'll just have to show you, then." Jacob's eyes gleam with a dark light as he leans forward. My breath hitches in my throat as he rests his hand on my waist, fingertips slipping under the material of my shirt to meet my skin. Sparks ignite upon my midriff, leaving me craving more of his touch.

Fireworks dance behind my eyelids as Jacob kisses me. His lips are warm and rough against my own, hungry for more. I lose my hands in his hair whilst Jacob's touch roams my body, his front pressing into me and sinking my frame lower into the mattress. I hook my legs around his waist as he moves to kissing my neck, hardly aware of my actions. Jacob consumes my thoughts, refusing to let my mind wander elsewhere.

Jacob's hand wraps around my neck, his fingertips gently pressing into my flesh. I arch my back as his lips brush against my earlobe, his breath warm on my skin as he exhales.

"You kill me, Tatum," Jacob whispers into my ear, pressing his body against mine. "You know that?"

I can't answer. Instead, I allow my eyelids to flutter closed as I revel in the way Jacob Beckham makes me feel.

———
a/n: sorry for the late update—i drove 5 hours out of state yesterday and was tired 🤦‍♀️

———a/n: sorry for the late update—i drove 5 hours out of state yesterday and was tired 🤦‍♀️