𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘: 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗠𝗔𝗫]

THE FIVE TEENS WATCHED as the red-head skate on her skateboard. sage leaned against the wall, arms crossed as she sighs.

"guys, this is totally not creepy," she informs.

"there's no way that's mad max." mike says, ignoring his sister. "yeah. girls don't play video games." will agrees. "what?" sage questioned the bowl-cut boy. "e-expect you," will stuttered out, his cheeks blushing pink just slightly.

"and even if they did, you can't 750,000 points on dig dug." mike pointed out. "it's impossible." sage added. "but her name is max," lucas said.

"so what?"

"so, how many maxes do you know?"

"i don't know."

"zero. that's how many."

"yeah. she shows up at school the day after someone with her same name breaks our top score. i mean, you kidding me?" dustin adds in, basically agreeing with lucas.

"exactly. so she's gotta be mad max. she's gotta be." lucas said.

"she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome." sage spoke up. "awesome?" mike asked. "you haven't even spoken a word to her."

"i don't have to. i mean, look at her, mike!" sage told her brother, turning to look back at max just to see she was out of sight. "shit. target lost." will looks to his left and sees max.

"oh! there." will says, walking away from the fence.

the party watches as the red-head walks up the steps with her board, tossing a piece of paper in the trash bin. they all glance at each other before bolting for the trash can.

dustin leans over and searches in the trash as a few girls walk by, sending the party weird looks. sage glares at them causing them to look away. the henderson boy suddenly speaks.

"got it! there we go."

sage snatches the paper ball out of his hands and uncrumbles it. her lips form a frown as she reads it aloud.

"stop spying on me, creeps."

"well shit," sage murmured under her breath.

"william byers."

will turns around to see the principal. "your mother's here." the man states.