𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥: 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗘]

AFTER SCHOOL SAGE WAS AT HER locker getting her stuff so she can head to will's with her brother, mike. just as she put her stuff away lucas came over.

"hey, max, sage. have you seen dustin? we're supposed to meet after class." lucas asked as he walked over. "i haven't. sorry. i gotta go though. bye max, lucas." sage said and quickly walked off seeing as he brother was waiting by the door.

max ignored lucas and slammed her locker shut, walking off.

"max!" lucas called out and followed her outside of the school. "hey, max! hey, where you going? come on! we've gotta go look for dart!"

"yeah, good luck with that," max simply told the dark-skinned boy, continuing to walk off. "what is wrong with you?" lucas asked as he kept following the red-head to wherever she was going. "what is wrong with me? what's wrong with you?" max repeated.

"i don't understand."

"no! i don't understand!" max raised her voice and turned to face lucas. "you guys act like you want me to be your friend but then you treat me like garbage!" max told him.

"that's not true!" lucas defended. "yes, it is! you go and hide in the av club, keeping secrets like we're in second grade or something. you know, i thought you guys wanted me in your party. especially sage . . . she seemed like she was the only one who actually wanted me there." max said, her voice getting softer.

"we do! sage does! but it's . . ."

"but what?"

"there . . . there are just things. things we can't tell you, all right? for your own safety."

"my own safety?" max scoffed at lucas's words.

"yes!"

"because i'm a girl?" max asked him. "what? no!" lucas said. "did you keep secrets from el?" max then questioned. lucas gave max a weird look. "how do you know about el?" lucas asked her.

"did you?" max repeated. "that was different. trust me. okay? that was just . . . just different." lucas tried explaining. "okay. you know what? forget it, okay?" max said, giving up. "i don't wanna be in your stupid party anyway. i'm out. tell sage that for me please. have a nice life."

max turned around and then began walking off again.

"max!" lucas shouted, his arms in the air. "you still stink, by the way!" max implied as she walked. lucas sniffed his arm and sighed. "oh shit!" he whispered to himself, walking away.