𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘: 𝗗𝗜𝗚 𝗗𝗨𝗚]

AT NIGHTTIME MIKE AND SAGE HAD stayed at the byers, and joyce was currently trying to reach for hopper as he had been gone for hours.

"hey, you reached jim. i'm probably doing something incredible right now, and i can't —"

joyce sighed and hung up the phone. joyce leaned down to look at more drawings her son, will, had made and grabbed one drawing. she stood up to then look around, checking to see where it would possibly go with the other drawings.

joyce then walked into a room and saw an empty spot on the wall. the byers woman made her way to the wall and put it on, taping it down.

"it's like . . . it's like i feel what the shadow monster's feeling." will said as he stared in front of him. "see what he's seeing." he added on.

"like in the upside down?" mike asked, looking at will. "some of him is there." will answered with a tiny nod. "but some of him is here, too."

"here, like, in this house?" sage asked from the floor next to will's legs. "in this house and . . . in me. it's like . . . it's like he's reaching into hawkins more and more. and the more he spreads the more connected to him i feel." will replied to her.

"and the more you see these now-memories." mike said, now seated next to will on the bed. "at first i just felt it in the back of my head. i didn't even really know it was there." will said, putting his hand to the back of his neck before moving it away. "it's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. it was like that. but now it's like . . . now i remember. i remember all the time." will added.

"maybe . . ." mike began and helped his sister up from the floor, letting her sit down on the other side of will. "maybe that's good." mike said, looking at the byers boy. "good?" will asked and turned his head to look at mike.

"just think about it, will. you're like a spy now. a superspy." mike told him making sage understand what he's saying. "spying on the shadow monster." sage said with mike and looked at will. "if you know what he's seeing and feeling . . . maybe that's how we can stop him." sage said, still looking at the byers boy.

"maybe all this is happening for a reason." mike finished off. "you really think so?" will asked his friends. "yeah. yeah, we really do." sage said and smiled softly at will.

will looked over at the corner of his room where the drawing of the shadow monster is. mike and sage both look over at where he's looking at and stare at the drawing.