𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗦𝗜𝗫: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗣𝗬]

"THAT THING, IT . . . IT DID SOMETHING to him." joyce says to owens.

"okay. and these now-memories, as you call them, how long has he been experiencing them?" owens questions. "i told you, since thursday. since i found him and sage on the field." joyce replies to the man.

"and why wasn't he brought in? why wasn't the girl brought in?" someone asks.

"i have been bringing him in, and what have you done? nothing. nothing! and sage isn't to be brought in by me!"

"these are new symptoms, joyce," owens informs to the byers woman. "no. no, he has been telling you over and over that something's wrong, and you said it was all in his head. you said, "be patient." those were your words!" joyce argues.

"i understand that you're upset, okay? i get it. and i would be, too, if i were in your shoes. but we are all in the same boat here, and i need you to try —"

"what? stay calm? trust you?" joyce cut him off. "no, i want him transferred to a real hospital."

"well, you know that's not possible."

"he really will get the best treatment here, mrs. byers,"

"the very best,"

the byers woman scoffs. "and what are you treating him for, exactly?" joyce stammers before standing up from her seat. "can anyone tell me what's wrong with him?"

"can a single person in this room tell me what is wrong with my boy, and sage?"

no answer.

"what is wrong with my boy and sage?!" joyce repeated and slammed her hands down on the table.

"they made me sign, like, a thousand documents," joyce whispers to bob as she was now back in the room with will, and the twins. "i mean . . . we all had to. we had to. i mean, i lost track at a certain point. they're gonna make you do the same. i'm sure."

"yeah. well, hey, whatever." bob tells his girlfriend. ". . . what kind of documents?"

"uh, confidentiality, and there were these official
forms saying, like, nothing ever happened, which is why . . ."

"will got lost in the woods." bob finishes as he looks over at the sleeping will. "yeah." joyce whispers while looking at her son.