𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘: 𝗗𝗜𝗚 𝗗𝗨𝗚]

HOURS PASSED BY AND THE TEENS and adults were still in the car, driving to the location hopper was apparently stuck at.

"there's nothing. there's nothing here." mike commented as he shook his head. "are . . . are we close?" joyce asked her boyfriend, driving.

"we're in the vicinity." bob said. "what's that mean, the vicinity?" the woman asked. "it's means we're close. i don't know. it's not precise." bob told his girlfriend.

"but we did all that work," sage cut in. "don't tell me we did all that work for fu — freaking nothing, man!"

"i told her, the scale ratio is not exactly one-to-one. we needed to take —"

"turn right!" will demanded. "what?" joyce asked, turning to look at her son for a moment.

sage turns to look at will.

"i saw him."

"where?"

"not here. in my now-memories." will said. "in your what?" bob questioned him.

"turn right!" will and sage tells the adults in sync.

the car turns, and crashes into a sign as everyone in the vehicle screams before joyce presses down on the breaks.

everyone takes breaths. "superspy," mike whispered out of breath.

"what's jim doing here? joyce?" bob asked his girlfriend, getting even more confused. "boys, sage, i need you to stay here." the byers woman ordered the teens.

"no. mom, mom, mom, it's not safe." will tries stopping his mom as she gets out of the car. "that's why i need you to stay here! stay here!"joyce said. "boring," sage mumbled.

joyce shuts her car door shut. "hopper!" she begins shouting, walking down the hole that was dug up. "hey, be careful," bob told her.

"just going down the hole,"

joyce looks down and sees some "vines" moving around in the middle of the whole.

"vines," she whispers to herself. "give me that," the byers woman tells her boyfriend. "the shovel?" bob asks. "yes, give me the shovel."

bob grabs the shovel then hands it to joyce, allowing her to grab it, and stab the vines.

joyce gasps at the small amount of blood that came from the vines, and stabs them repeatedly until the hole was vine free. she throws the shovel down and looks at her boyfriend.