𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗕]

SAGE WHEELER WATCHED THE GAME intensely as it started.

she brought a piece of popcorn to her mouth, biting on it and eating it. her eyes followed the ball and watched as it made it to the hoop.

the wheeler twin cheered, clapping. the game continued and the opposite team made the basketball ball in the hoop.

"hey! yo, you gotta stay on 'em." jason shouted to his teammate. "stay on 'em! let's go! let's go!"

sage's eyes kept her eyes on the game until they landed on nancy and fred, nancy's friend. sage liked fred. he was nice and fun to be around.

"looks like my headline has a shot," fred told nancy with a grin. the wheeler teen shook her head, trying to stay focused.

in the hellfire game eddie is speaking to his friends. "the hooded cultists chant, "hail lord vecna. hail lord vecna." they turn to you, remove their hoods. you recognize most of them from makbar."

the teen watch, intrigued.

"but there is one you do not recognize, his skin is shriveled, desiccated. and something else. he is not only missing his left arm, but his left eye!"

the teens clamor in disbelief at vecna's survival.

"no! no!"

"vecna's dead!"

"he was killed by kas,"

"so it was thought, my friends. so it was thought." eddie told them. "but vecna lives." the munson adult places the vecna artifact on the board.

back at the game, sage watches as the basketball gets passed and as a tiger player was about to shoot, he gets blocked — pushed down.

sage winces and sits up a little, the ref blowing the whistle. the player doesn't get up and jason goes in front of the opponent.

"yo, what the hell was that? what the hell was that?" jason threatened before a ref broke them about. "that's not me, that's him,"

"you are scared. you're tired. you are injured." eddie says. "do you flee vecna and his cultists? or do you stand your ground and fight?"

"come on,"

"sinclair, you're in," the coach tells lucas. "huh?" lucas asks, surprised.