𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧]

THE MIND FLAYER LOOKS AROUND the mall for the teenagers that were hiding. max, sage, eleven, and mike were hiding together behind a counter. nancy, johnathan, will, and lucas were hiding behind the red vehicle.

"griswold family, this is scoops troop! do you copy? over!" dustin says from the radio tower to the walkie that is lying on a bench. "griswold family, i repeat, this is scoops troop. do you —"

the mind flayer grabs the walkie. "griswold family, do you copy? do you copy?!"

the mind flayer roars into the walkie before throwing it to the wall near the car, breaking it.

"griswold family, this is scoops troop. please confirm your safety! griswold family, this is scoops troop! please confirm your safety! are you en route to bald eagle's nest?"

lucas, nancy, johnathan, and will breathe heavily, trying to stay as quiet as possible. the mind flayer crawls around, looking for the children. sage and max hold each other's hands tightly, trying to stay quiet as the mind flayer finds the creature that was inside elevens leg. the large monster allows the weak creature to attach back to its leg before the monster roars loudly.

sage and eleven look at each other, panting heavily. the creature crawls over to the space where the three girls and mine are hiding. the mind flayer hisses and snarls making the four holds their breaths.

mike takes a peek when the creature turns away then goes back down, whispering: "it's turned away. if we go up the stairs now, we'll make it."

"no way, not with the girls legs." max denies. "we have to try," mike tells her. "there's another way . . ." eleven cuts in. "to get out."

"through the gap."

mike takes another peek and looks at the creature before nodding. "okay," he whispers.

"now."

mike takes eleven's hand and gets up. max takes sage and follows the couple into the gap store. as they walk in, eleven accidentally kicks something causing it to fall to the ground.

the teens gasp and quickly find a hiding spot as the mind flayer roars, crawling over to the store. the creature lets out his flesh arm to find the children. the flesh arm screeches before quickly grabbing a manikin thinking it was eleven because it had the same clothes she had on.