𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗜𝗧𝗘]

SAGE AND ELEVEN WERE SITTING IN front of the freezers, blindfolds over their eyes.

everyone sits or stands around, watching them. lucas opens his new coke loudly.

"quiet," max whispers to him. "oh, sorry." lucas apologizes in a whisper before sipping his coke.

"how do you even drink that?" mike asked his friend. "because it's delicious," lucas replied.

"what?" mike and max asked him. "it's like carpenter's the thing. the original is a classic, no question about it. but the remake . . ." lucas sips on his drink again, slurping on it loudly.

he lets out a satisfied sigh, smacking his lips together when he finishes. "sweeter, bolder . . . better." lucas whispers.

"you're insane," mike tells him. "so, you prefer the original thing?" lucas questioned. "what? no, i'm not talking about the thing, i'm talking about new coke." mike corrected.

"it's the same concept, dude."

"uh, actually, it's not the same concept,"

"it is the same concept,"

"no it's not."

"yes, it is." lucas yells at him.

"hey!" sage says as she rips her blindfold off her face as eleven does the same. "shut up, will you?"

the two teens turn their heads to look at sage, giving her and eleven an apologetic look.

"sorry," mike apologized to his sister. "sorry," lucas also apologized.

eleven glares at them. "did you . . . find them?" mike asks to break the silence.

"the movies?" lucas asks as he pushes the cart of fireworks. "dustin's so freaked out about the gate, he decides to go watch a movie? yeah, makes total sense."

"you're positive he said "gate" and not "great"?" max asks, holding sage close to her. "yeah, like, "this movie i'm watching us great"." will agreed.

"sounded like gate," eleven said.

"which explains how the mind flayer's still alive," mike says. "yeah, we just have to shut it again." nancy told her brother.