𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗦𝗜𝗫: 𝗘 𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗕𝗨𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗨𝗠]

SAGE AND ELEVEN LOOK AROUND THE beach they are on before mike speaks up.

"guys, are you okay?" he asks. "are you okay?"

"we're okay," eleven replies softly.

"what's going on?" the wheeler twin asks. "we're . . . on a beach." sage replies. "okay, i may be dense, but the last i checked, there weren't any beaches in hawkins." lucas comments.

"what else do you see?" max then asks.

eleven looks over to see a beautiful woman. her hair was blonde, skin was clear. the woman was wearing a white sundress with a flower on it. in one hand her hand and sandals were being held.

"a woman," el replies. "she's . . . pretty. i . . . i think she's looking at me."

the woman waves over at the direction of sage and eleven. "woo!" the woman cheers. "yeah!"

sage looks over and sees a young boy running out of the water with a surfboard in his arms.

"you did it!"

"there's . . . a boy." sage says slowly, still trying to process what's happening.

"did you see that?" young billy asks his mother, smiling widely. "yeah, i saw that!" his mother replied and kissed his head. "that was at least seven feet," billy said. "i don't know what it was, but it almost gave me a heart attack."

"ten more minutes?"

billy's mother stays quiet for a moment before nodding at her son. "yeah, okay, ten more minutes,"

"okay," billy runs back to his board and picks it up from the sand. "but any longer than that, dad's gonna be mad, okay?" his mom says.

"okay!"

"that's not a good sign," sage whispers to herself as she watches young billy go back in the water.

"billy!" his mother calls out before he could fully enter the water. "watch out for rip currents!"

"i know."

"it's billy." sage finally said to the party.

"it's california. it's a memory." max says, realizing where sage and eleven were at.