𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗔𝗧𝗘]

"MOM, THE DRESS FITS GOOD, BUT IT'S all scratchy." sage told her mom as she looked at herself in the mirror. "you'll get used to it," karen told her daughter and zipped up the dress.

"here are some heels," karen said with a smile then handed some of her own heels to her daughter. "thanks, mom," sage smiled and took the shoes, putting them on.

"all right. you look so gorgeous! if you want — nance can put some makeup on you." karen said then fixed sage's hair with a smile.

sage nodded then walked out of her room, to her older sisters.

"nancy," sage said after knocking. "yeah?" nancy asked before opening the door.

"could you do some light makeup on me?"

"oh, my god. yes! i've always wanted to put some makeup on you. even if you don't need it."

sage laughed then allowed nancy to put some makeup on her.

downstairs, mike was getting pictures taken by his mom.

"oh, wait," karen said then picked up the polaroid that fell to the floor. "all right, that's enough," mike said to his mom.

"one more, okay? just one more. plus, i still need pictures of both you and your sister." karen told her son and smiled. "why?" mike asked.

"you look so handsome,"

"mom!"

"mike,"

"do . . . do you think max'll like the dress?" sage asked her sister as nancy applied mascara to sage's eyelashes. "i'm 100% positive, sage. you're beautiful. i'm sure she likes you back." nancy told her younger sister, moving onto the next eyelash.

sage smiled softly. "i hope so,"

mike and sage made it to the snowball an hour later with nancy. the twins got out of the car and walked into the school gym, handing their tickets to mister clark.

"you two look fabulous," mister clark grinned at the twins. "thank you!" the twins said in unison.

the wheeler twins walked into the dance and sage immediately noticed how her dress was different than the other girls.

"i feel out of place with what i'm wearing," sage immediately said. "you look great," mike said to his sister with a smile, dragging her to a table where will, max, and lucas were waiting.