𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗖𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗪𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗕]

"I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE HELL my girl is at, right now!" max exclaimed, as her, dustin, and lucas walked inside the wheeler's house hold.

the officers ignored the red-head and leaded the teens to the living room where all the parents were sitting around. max, lucas, and dustin sat on the couch as chief powell sat in front of them.

"what exactly were you all doing at the lake?" powell asked the teens.

dustin looks over at lucas, max looking over at her two friends.

"uh . . . it's comp —"

"we were . . . we were just going for a walk," max said with a nod. "now can you tell me where sage is, and what you're doing with her?"

"sage? what happened with sage?" karen wheeler asked, looking at the officers. "we'll get there, mrs. wheeler," powell told the adult.

"a walk?" callahan asked in disbelief. "at 9:00 p.m?"

"to the lake," dustin replied squeakily, his voice going high. the officer tilted his head at the sudden voice change. "we were gonna take a little swim," the teen continued, voice still high as his friends just stare at the adults.

"little night swim,"

"dusty," claudia says to her son. "someone was just murdered there,"

"yeah, we . . . we didn't realize that until we got there," dustin clarified. "that's why we didn't swim," lucas added in.

"and nancy, was she with you at this night swim? was sage with you?" karen then questioned.

"nancy, no," max answered. "sage, yes,"

"yes," dustin answered the same time max had answered the adult. "uh . . ."

max and dustin look over at each other before lucas speaks up. "sage . . . was with us, but we're not sure about nancy,"

"she was there. nancy was there. then she left." dustin tries clarifying."it's all a little confusing,"

"and that's when you guys came," lucas said. "right. and then they dared me to say what i said." max added in making the boys chuckle.

"oh, yeah,"

lucas and dustin laughed with each other.