𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗗 𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥]

AT THE BYERS HOUSE, WILL WAS ON the couch, still knocked out from the sedative. his older brother, johnathan, was stroking his hair, whispering to him.

"i'm sorry, bud." johnathan whispers to his younger brother. "i'm sorry i wasn't there. i should have been there."

"sam owens. dr. sam owens." hopper says to the woman on the phone. "i don't know how many people are there! i don't know how many people are left alive!"

max wipes off some blood from sage's nose and face as hopper hangs up the phone.

"they didn't believe you, did they?" dustin asks the adult. "we'll see," the man replies.

" "we'll see" ? we can't just sit here while those things are loose!" mike objects. "we stay here, and wait for help." hopper tells the teen before walking away.

mike scoffs then looks at his sister. "you okay?"

sage nods. "i used a lot of energy," she says then grabs the napkin from max, wiping her nose one last time before throwing it away.

"we can tell," lucas commented, motioning to her bloody clothes and face. "what exactly did you do?" dustin asked her. "i blew up at least three demogorgons," sage responded.

dustin stared at her in shock and watched her get up from her chair, but quickly helped her up when she stumbled a little.

"no, sit down," dustin told her and sat her back down.

sage sighed.

there was a moment of silence in the room until mike stood up, walking over to the games bob had got will. the wheeler teen took the cube in his hand, staring down at it.

"did you guys know that bob was the original founder of hawkins av?" mike asked. "really?" lucas asked as mike turned around.

"he petitioned the school to start it and everything. then he had a fundraiser for equipment. mister clark learned everything from him." mike explained and walked back to the table. "pretty awesome right?"

"yeah," dustin, lucas, and sage agreed.

mike placed the cube down on the table and sage sighed, feeling her lip quiver just staring at the game — memories of her, bob, and will hanging out together when she was over.

"we can't let him die in vain," mike stated. "what do you want to do, mike? the chief's right on this. we can't stop those demo-dogs on our own." dustin cut in causing sage to look over at him.