Chapter 6

Elisha's POV:

"Ok class, I have an important announcement so lend me your ears." Mrs Colton stood in front of the packed auditorium, "Since the work load for this semester is so much, we've decided to move the due date a bit forward and earlier than expected."

The whole class groaned. Mumbles and complaints filling the room.

"Your projects will be due next week Monday, that gives you exactly 5 days to have it complete."

Hands flew up in frustration as a sign of protest.

"Another bad thing is that you'll be required to do a presentation in front of the everyone present. I know it's on a short notice but life is short too."

Her eyes roamed around the whole room which consisted of angry and annoyed faces.

"Everyone good?"

She asked, lifting up her thumbs.

No one said anything so she took our silence as a yes and proceeded to give us further instructions until she gave us permission to get into our pairs and start the hardship.

"Good luck!"

Brielle squeaked, kissing me on the cheek before grabbing her books to meet up with Zachariah.

I had an excruciatingly painful headache that was getting worse as the day went by. To make matters worse, it was that time of the month and I could feel my cramps about to activate. I was in no mood to look, not to mention, interact with anybody. I just wanted to lock myself in a room and sleep.

"Howdy partner."

Said Ben, in a cheerful tone.

"Hi."

I managed to respond.

"Looks like someone's having a bad day?"

He chuckled, banging his books onto the desk making the noise vibrate in my head.

"Just sick"

I bellowed.

Gosh my voice sounded horrendous. I was as if I was a toad.

"Is there anything I can do to help ease the pain."

He asked, worry clear on his face.

"Don't worry I'll get through it."

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through my stomach making me jolt down. It felt as if a person had stabbed me with a butcher knife and twisted it into my intestines. I let out a small wimp and lifted my t-shirt to rub my lower abdomen.

"Elisha, are you sure you okay?"

Bennet moved closer.

I shook my head in refusal. The pain was getting more unbearable. Tears started to drip down my face as the violent stabbing continued.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you."

He took out his hand and gave it to me to squeeze. Usually, I wouldn't do such since I wasn't a fan of physical touch but I had to grab something to release the intense pain.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."

He released his hand and took off, running out of the classroom.

I rocked in my chair and tried keeping my sobs at a minimum to not draw attention to myself. In no time, Bennet came rushing in again with a handful of things.

"Here take this," he took out a banana, "I heard it eases the pain."

Lifted my buried head, I was greeted to a table littered in chocolate bars. I couldn't help but smile at the cute, heartwarming gesture.

"I didn't know which chocolate you would like best, so I took all of them."

He grinned, rubbing the nape of his neck out of embarrassment.

"You really didn't have to. Water would have been perfectly fine."

I mentioned.

"But I wanted to." He reasoned. "I don't like seeing people whom I care about in pain."

The corner of my mouth lifted at his compassionate words.

After opening the water bottle with much struggle, I took small sips then twisted the cap back on.

"I really appreciate everything you for me today."

I pointed at all the snacks that layed on the table, untouched.

"Anytime''

He noted then turned to get something out of his bag.

After a few minutes of eating the banana, the pain settled down and wasn't as intense. My new problem now was the air conditioner that was freezing me alive. I kept shivering and rubbing my bare arms because I left my jacket at my dorm.

"You cold?"

Questioned Bennet.

"Just a little bit."

I admitted.

"Take this then."

He took off his leather jacket and flung it around my shoulders. It was filled with his strong scent that made me think of a mafia.

"Thank you."

I thanked, wrapping it tighter around my body and resting my head on the table. He imitated me and laid his head too. We were now facing each other with a less than a metre distance.

"Why you looking at me like that."

I nervously grinned, feeling uncomfortable with his gaze fixed on me.

"Because you're beautiful."

He mumbled.

"Stop lying."

I retorted rolling my eyes.

"I'm not. You have a heart of gold that is more precious than a diamond. You stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone. You love people for who they are and not for what they have. You're always there in times of need. You're not afraid to call me out on the things I'm lacking on. You're a great listener and a one of a kind friend."

A new specie of butterflies attacked by stomach as I held in my breath at every word that left his mouth.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

My brows furrowed, waiting to hear what he was going to say.

"Because you've always been nice to me."

His face reddened as he maintained strong eye contact.

***************************

Hello wonderful people

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. So what do you think is happening with Ben and Elisha huh??? If you want to see more drama unfold then I suggest you read the next chapter. Either way, please may you vote and comment your thoughts and feelings

STAY HOPEFUL AND BLESSED 💜