Chapter 18

Elisha's POV:

"We're here" I squeaked excited, pulling up to the driveway.

Three months have gone by since I've seen my mother and saying that I miss her is an understament. With the high COVID-19 cases last year, we couldn't host our annual family gathering because everyone had to stay indoors.

The Bedford annual family gathering is honestly the best time of the year for everyone. We have a big barbeque at the backyard of my moms farm, play games, eat and at the end of the day, watch the stars while reflecting on past memories. It was our own special Bedford tradition.

"Are you ready? I asked Bennet who had been staring at the windscreen for the past couple of minutes. "You look a bit tense."

"No, Im not ready at all. From a level 1 to 10 , 1 being very scared and 100 being over the moon, I am a -100."

You could see him shaking from fear, to the point where he could hardly hold his phone.

"Well you can't lock yourself in this car for hours so you have to come." Encouraging him, I held back the laugh I had.

He hesitantly unfastened his safety belt and dread filled his pale face. Never have I seen a man quiver this much because of meeting people, especially my family. Yes, they might be a bit crazy but they are a lovely bunch.

"Breath okay. They're bad but they aren't the worst. They're all bark but no bite. It'll be like Steve Harvey's gameshow, you have 5 seconds to answer 20 questions."

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" He shook his head, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Each and every moment." I  cunningly grinned. Seeing him in this state really entertained me.

"Be careful of uncle Shamiel. He always has a gun, testing his patients will leave you six feet under. Just keep your distance and you'll be fine."

Clinging onto the car seat, he took a hard gulp as his eyes bug out at the advice.

"Also watch out for Ronnie my Pitbull." I continued. "He doesn't get along with strangers but hopefully he will not attack you ."

"Please tell me that's a really bad joke." His chuckled was filled with fear.

"Just kidding" I slapped his shoulders from laughter.

"Stop stressing yourself. You've got this. Give me your hand."

He extended his long, veiny hands which were trembling. I grabbed them and closed my eyes. After seconds of confusion, he did the same.

"Breath in..............and out."

We repeated this process a couple of times until his heartbeat became steady.

"Now let's go get them tiger." I eagerly opened the door, ecstatic to finally see my family and friends.

"I'll be right behind you. I just need two minutes with God."

"No problem." I grabbed my phone and inserted it in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Don't panic. They're an awesome set of people." I winked at him then shut the door behind me. Giving him a moment to pray.

**************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING IT. IT REALLY MEANS A LOT.

PLEASE SHARE THIS STORY WITH YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, PETS EVEN YOUR TEACHER IF YOU WANT.

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

⊂(◉‿◉)つ