Chapter 24

"Back to the noisy, busy city."

I thought to myself whilst walking to the school gym.

I missed how quiet and peaceful it had been in the countryside. How welcoming everyone was of me and how comfortable they made me feel. Life was so fantastic and easy back there unlike here.

Elisha and I haven't spoken for the last 3 days ever since I confessed my feeling for her. I saw her only once in the school campus and it was very awkward.

As I was walking down the corridor I could hear small but harsh mumbles and whispers between two people. I rushed to see who it was, just in case it might have been a lady in trouble.

As I peaked around the corner I could see Gemma standing with Carl, one of teammates outside the janitors closet. They looked like they were arguing over something quite serious because hands where flying everywhere.

"So what do you expect me to do. Make another man raise my child."

Shouted Carl, throwing his hands in the air.

"You never wanted it anyway."

"Gemma this is my child too. I have all the rights to be in their life."

"A child need diapers, clothes, formula and so much more. Do you think your rights will provide for this baby."

"Say whatever you want but I refuse to have Bennet raise my child."

My head snapped as I heard this statement. Without thinking twice I moved from the corner I was hiding in and walked straight to them. I could feel my face overheating from all the anger that was building inside.

"So you aren't pregnant with my child."

I asked, catching them both off guard.

"Benny what are you doing here."

"I'm asked you a question and I expect an answer. Who is the father of the baby."

"You obviously."

"Stop lying Gemma I am."

Intervened Carl pointing to himself.

"Shut up Jordan! Not everything in life is about you"

She yelled back.

"Babe he doesn't know what he's talking about. You are the father."

She walked towards me and cupped my face. I aggressively yanked her dirty hands off me as if they had poisan.

"Stop lying Gemma. Just stop. Do you know how much anxiety and stress this lie of yours has brought to me."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for things to get to this point. Carl and I did something we both regret whilst you and..."

I put my hands in front of her mouth and she stopped chriping.

"Please save your explanation for another day. I really don't feel like listening to it today. I'm just glad that the truth is out and there is nothing joining us together."

I adjusted my sport bag and left both of them hanging in the empty corridor.