Chapter 45

Elisha's POV

People always perceive relationships as a wonderful thing that everyone is missing out on. They say wearing each other's clothes, cuddling when in a bad mood and feeling butterflies in the pit of your stomach, are one of the best feelings a person can ever experience. Although that is true, there is also another side to them. They requires a lot of time, faith and love which aren't easy to give.

I sat in the school's canteen, drowning in my thoughts. It has been a week since I've heard from Bennet and I could sense something was wrong. The last time we had talked was when he had told me that Hana had called off the engagement. Don't get me wrong I do trust him, it's just that I have a feeling that his father has done something bad to him because he was fuming.

"Wassup Shawty."

A cheerful Zach appeared trying to imitate his best American accent. He wore a bright smile on his glowing face that uplifted the mood of the whole room.

"Please. Don't ever say that again."

I sarcastically retorted.

"Was it that bad?"

He questioned, snatching my mint chocolate smoothie away and shoving the straw in his mouth to take a sip.

"Yes, yes it was." I nodded. "Don't ever do it again."

I closed the textbooks which were scattered all over the table and focused on the British boy standing in front of me.

"Where have you been the past few weeks."

I giggled, watching his face turn into a frown from disgust at the beverage.

"Is there mint inside?"

He pointed to the cup.

"Yeah."

I chuckled, knowing very well that he hated the taste of mint.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked!"

"Why do you drink this toothpaste junk?"

He examined the cup as if it was filled with hazardous poison.

"Its not toothpaste, it's mint, now give it back."

I snatched it out of his right hand.

"A sip of that drink can take my life away in a blink of an eye. I can sue you for attempted murder, you know?"

He moved his bags aside and took a seat beside me.

"Back to your question."

He let out a deep sigh.

"I've been letting go of old feelings I used to have for a friend."

"What happened?"

I rested my elbows on the table, intrigued.

"A brave, handsome, knight swept her off her feet and took her away from me."

"That must hurt."

My voice lowered into a whisper as I felt sorry for him.

"But it's fine. I'm happy for her."

A bitter sweet smile spread across his face.

"Who is she, if I may ask."

I furrowed my eyes, wondering who this mysterious girl could be.

"Well I won't tell you her name but I'll describe her. She has beautiful curly hair and melanin skin that glistens under the sun. She loves kids and God with passion and serves with her whole heart."

I scanned the room, hoping to maybe find her in one of the tables studying or chatting with a friend.

"And the last clue is" Zach snapped me back to reality. "her name is Elisha."

"Me?"

I sat up straight, stunned by the news.

"Suprise!"

He did jazz hands.

"Why did you tell me?"

"Because I was nervous and scared at the same time. So I thought the best thing to do was to like you from afar until we the day we bumped into each other. "

He started playing with the smoothie cup that was on the table.

"But I'm happy now." He looked at me, "I'm happy that you found the guy of your dreams who loves you. Yes, your missing on a hunk with awesome hair and a British accent but I think you made the right choice."

My face went from happy to sour. The longer we talked about Ben, the more anxious I became.

"Why the long face?"

He asked, worry clear on his face.

"I just miss Bennet."

I mumbled.

"Where is he anyways."

He looked around the canteen.

"We're going through a tough time in our relationship."

"Then why are you here."

"What do you mean why am I here," I rolled my eyes to his question, "to get education obviously."

"Class ended an hour ago and your in the canteen scrolling through your phone." He called me out. "Girl if I was you I would be at Bennet's house right now fighting for our relationship."

I gave him the glare teenagers give their parents when told to clean their room.

"Don't give me that look, get off your butt and go."

He instructed, pulling me out of my seat and hanging my bag around my shoulders.

"Fine."

I gave in, standing up and reaching for the smoothie.

"Leave the smoothie behind." He grabbed it before I did. "It belongs in the trash."

I smiled at how serious he looked. Taking a deep breath, I took off, running to the door.

"Ohh and one last thing, " I stopped on my tracks, " I really think you should give Brielle a chance. She might look crazy and weird but deep deep deep deep down she is a gorgeous girl, inside and out."

"I'll think about it."

He nodded.

"Don't let me down."

I said before running out the building.

I stepped out to a gloomy sky with grey clouds indicating rain was about to pour heavily.

"Not today weather."

I said to myself, running down the road with my bag over my head as droplets fell down.

*************************
Howdy beautiful people ✝️

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND POSITIVE

ʕ'• ᴥ•̥'ʔ