Chapter 49

Elisha's POV:

"Elisha!" I could hear someone calling my name. "Elisha! Chubs!"

"Bear?"

I turned around and saw a soaking wet Bennet running in my direction.

"What are you doing here? I asked, "You're putting your life in danger!"

"I have something to tell you."

"No, you need to leave right now. Did you see how muscular and scary those men were?"

"It doesn't matter anymore because..."

"It does matter." I cut him off, "I don't want them to drag you again like a ragged doll. You need to leave."

"Elisha listen to me..."

He said, grabbing my wrist.

"Bennet leave!"

I shaved him away and proceeded to push him in the direction of his house.

"Elisha Bedford, can you listen to me for once!"

He raised his voice but in a non-aggressive way.

"What!"

I exclaimed.

"He gave us his approval and blessings."

I stared at him confused wondering who he was referring to.

"Who?"

I questioned.

"My father. We have his blessings."

"Shut the front door." I squeaked leaping into his arms, "How did he agree?"

"We talked for the first time as father and son and we put aside our differences and started on a clean slate."

"I'm so happy right now. I could just..."

"Marry me?"

My body froze from shock as  those words left his mouth.

"What?"

I jumped out of his grip

"Elisha Bedford," he got down on one knee and held my hand, "will you please make me the happiest man on the planet and marry me."

I didn't know whether to smile and say yes or to run away from fear. Yes, I loved Ben but I wasn't ready for this long term commitment.

"Tell me you're joking, right."

I responded, seeing him fighting back the laughter that was threatening to erupt.

"You should have seen your reaction."

He laughed as I let go of his hand, relieved that it was just a joke.

"Don't ever do that again. My heart was going a gazillion times per minute."

I gawked at him.

"So you don't want to marry me?"

His voice became soft as he took two steps closer.

"I do but in the future." I confessed, wrapping my arms around his neck, "Once we've got everything put together and ready to walk this journey called life together, forever."

"I agree too."

He planted a kiss on my temple.

A large raindrop splashed on my forehead and ran down my face. We looked up at the sky which was becoming dull in colour and drizzling.

"We should probably head inside."

Bennet took off his jacket and put it above my head for protection from the rain.

"No chase me."

I commanded.

"What?"

"Chase me. Run after me in the rain."

"That's so childish."

He rolled his eyes like a teenager.

"On the count of three you can start running."

I let go of his hand and started walking away.

"But I don't want to."

He complained.

"One...." I quicken my pace, "Two!"

"Elisha come on. The rain is getting heavier, we need to get back inside.

"And so what."

I sassed.

"Urrghhhh, I don't want to do this."

He continued whining.

"And three!"

I screamed, running away and seeing him tail behind me.

"Gotcha!"

He said, wrapping his arms around my tiny frame in less than a second.

"You got me."

I chuckled, turning around and now facing him.

The raindrops created a rhythmic sound that added to the romantic aesthetic. The air was so cold but that didn't matter. The only thing that we cared about was how beautiful this moment was for us.

"Wow you're so gorgeous."

Bennet whispered under his breath. Although, he told me this everyday it still made my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you."

I blushed.

"And I'm so glad God made our paths cross otherwise I would never have been the man I am today."

He ran his hand through my hair and pushed a strand behind my ear.

"I love you."

I said, placing my head on his chest and wrapping my arms around him. "Can we stay like this forever."

"No problem."

He replied, earning a smile from me.

***************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this chapter. It really does mean a lot. This is the second last chapter of the story and hopefully you have really enjoyed Bennet and Elisha's journey together and with Christ.

Please vote and comment on whatever you think and would like to see happened in the next chapter.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED
ʕ´• ᴥ•̥'ʔ