Chapter 46

Bennet's POV

Nobody tells you just how loud the sound of silence really is,until you are alone. At this moment, I feel like I can hear everything and nothing at the same time.

"How did things turn out like this?" I thought to myself, "How had my relationship with my father become so hostile and distant in such a short amount of time."

So many questions ran through my head that I couldn't find the answers to.

What kind of a father hires twelve guards to keep his son locked in the house just to make sure he is away from his girlfriend .What kind of a father starves his son, until he agrees to run the family business. And what kind of a father tells his son that he is a disappointment and a failure? My father, that's who.

I tightly held the picture of my mother that layed on my bedside.

"I wish you were here mama."

I whispered quietly, staring at how beautiful she was in her youthful days. I could feel her vibrant personality bouncing off the picture and warm my heart as her smile gleamed on her glowing face. She was the true definition of beauty.

"I miss you."

I whispered to myself, kissing the picture and gently placing it back in its place.

Standing up, I got down on my knees and prayed to God to save my relationship with Elisha. I begged him to heal Hana's heart and to reveal himself to my father. Even though he neglected and was never there for me, I still loved him and wished him nothing but the best. One thing that I learnt about Christianity is to let go and to let God and this is what I was doing at this moment.

"Bennett!"

I glanced around the empty room consisting of myself only, thinking that I heard a person call my name.

"Bennett!"

The person repeated again.

"Bennet over here!"

I jumped up from the ground and sprinted towards the window, knowing exactly who it was.

"Elisha?"

I bellowed.

"Love!"

She waved her arms around as she saw me from a distance.

Running out of my room barefoot, I galloped down the mountain of stairs and swung the front door opened. The security guards were called to my father's office so no one stopped me.

"Chubs!"

I exclaimed, running to the gate.

"Bear!" She cheered enthusiastically."Are you alright?"

She asked.

"Well I am now."

I smiled talking her hand in mine and kissing the back of it. Although the gate stood as a barrier between us, we didn't let it ruin the moment.

"I missed you so much."

I stated, holding her tight as if she could disappear any minute.

We looked into each other's eyes as all the sounds of the outside world flushed away. Gosh how I missed these tiny moments.

"Where have you been?" She asked, cupping my face in her hands. "Do you know how worried I was?"

" Well my dad had my..."

"Bennet!" My father appeared out of nowhere. "get back inside!"

He commanded in a stern yet aggressive tone. An army of bodyguards surrounded him as he stood by the door with his hands in his pocket.

"If you're not in by the count of three I will demand the guards to drag you in."

I glanced at him then turned back to Elisha. Her body instantly froze as she heard by father's booming voice and saw the men carrying guns.

"One..." He started, earning no reaction from me. "Two ..." He signalled the guards to start charging towards me.

"Bennet just go!"

Elisha begged still holding onto my hand.

"No I'm not going anywhere."

"And three!"

My father completed his countdown and the guards came running towards me and dragged me like a dog away.

"Leave me alone!"

I tried to escape their grip but failed miserably.

"Don't drag him too rough!" Elisha screamed, banging her hands against the gate. "Can't you see your hurting him!"

************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

I hope you liked and enjoyed this chapter. Four more chapters are left until the story is finished so please stay tuned.

Don't forget to comment and press that little star at the bottom.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND POSITIVE.

ʕ´• ᴥ•̥'ʔ

DON'T FORGET THAT JESUS LOVES YOU.