Epilogue

Elisha's POV:

Finally, we were here now. I had been waiting all my life for this moment since I was a little girl playing with her Barbie and Ken dolls. I had spent so many days daydreaming about my wedding day and how my perfect dress would be like, that it felt so surreal to be in this moment.

"Oh my baby!"

My mother exclaimed, walking towards me, already in tears.

"How do I look?"

I nervously chuckled, tracing my fingers over the fabric of my dress.

Although I wore a bright smile on my face, in the inside I was a wreck. I constantly kept looking in the mirror, trying to find anything at fault or off, just so I could get my mind off things. Saying I was nervous was an understatement, I was a frantic mess about to walk down the aisle.

"My baby you look so... breathtakingly gorgeous. I mean look at you."

My mom covered her mouth in awe as I turned to the mirror for the 100th time, inspecting every inch of the dress.

I loved the way it sculpted my slim body and hugged by waist. The way it clung onto my hips and chest gave it a sexy yet elegant feel. It was a pure white mermaid dress with a stylish, modern design and a long trail to go with it. My curly hair was tied in a messy bun with strands of hair falling on my face.

"The day has actually arrived."

I said, but sounding more like a question than a statement.

"How you feeling?"

My mom stood in front of me, taking the bouquet of flowers out of my clammy hands.

"Scared. Really really scared."

I confessed.

My heart felt like it was throbbing in my throat, preventing any sort of oxygen from entering my airways. My palms started sweating at a rapid pace which didn't help the situation either.

"What am I doing?" I questioned myself, "I can't do this. Im scared and this is not for me. I can't continue with this wedding."

I was crumbling down and could barely breathe.

"This is all too much. This is all just a mistake."

I announced through my trembling lips.

Water started collecting at the bottom lids of my eyes, not sure if it was from the shortness of breath or fear.

"Deep breaths my baby, in through the noise and out through the mouth."

My mother instructed in a calm and soothing tone, holding my hand and breathing with me.

After a minute or so, I finally steadied my breath and got rid of the knot that was suffocating me in my throat.

"Every bride gets cold feet on her wedding day, it's a normal thing. I clearly remember myself planning on jumping out the bathroom window and leaving the wedding venue because of how scared I was on my wedding day.''

She giggle at the end of her confession, which I joined in with her.

"But after getting back to my senses, I realised that I loved your father and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I couldn't imagine myself waking up every morning and knowing that I wasn't going to see his handsome face and heart-warming smile, ever again. I couldn't live with the fact that I-"

"Im not scared of the wedding," I cut her off, " I'm scared of the lifelong committment I'm making. What if I mess up? What if things don't work out between us. What if we wake up one day and feel no sparks between us. What if we get used to each other to the point where we can't stand each other anymore."