Chapter 33

Elisha's POV

I watched as Mr Choi storm out of the room, clutching his briefcase. Fury was evident on his face as his eyebrows knotted together. He bumped Brielle's shoulder as he walked past, making her stumble but luckily catch her balance again.

"I'm gonna let God deal with him because if I do it, I will end up in jail."

"Don't mind him, let's go to Bennet."

I said grabbing her by the wrist and entering the Emergency Room.

"Hey Stranger Danger."

Brielle greeted Bennet who looked much better than last time. All the tubes and pipes that were attached to him were removed and his face and lips had a healthy colour.

"Hey you!"

He replied, turning his eyes to us.

"How are you feeling?"

"Just a little bit of pain on my shoulder but either than that I'll be fine. The doctor said I could get back to football in two weeks."

"Dang it! I really wanted to see you in pain."

Insulted Brielle, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear .

"What can I say, I'm Bennet Choi. Nothing can take me out that easily."

A minute hasn't gone by and their childish bickering has already started. I swear they would kill each other if they were locked in one room for the whole day.

"Aren't there any staples near by so that I can staple that arrogant mouth of yours."

"And aren't there any single men who can melt that frozen heart of yours."

Bennet bite back at her.

"Good one."

Commended Brielle laughing.

I kept taking occasional glances at Ben until we made eye contact. There was a deafening silence as we just stared at each other and smirked.

"Let me give you some space  because third wheeling is not my thing."

Brielle grabbed her cellphone and shoved it in the back pocket of her jean.

"Don't do anything I would do kids."

She announced shutting the door behind her.

"Hi"

I said in a soft, hush voice.

"Hey."

He replied back. His eyes averting to my right hand.

"What happened to your knuckles?"

He asked in a concerned voice. His face changed from being happy to serious in 0.2 seconds.

"I punched the wall...but I'll be fine."

"Is the wall fine?"

"Are you serious right now? I hurt myself and you're only bother about a wall."

"Walls have feelings too."

I shook my head in disapproval, smiling for a reason I don't know.

"Let me see."

He smiled.

I walked up to him and showed him my knuckles like a child would to their parent when they've just hurt themselves. Slowly examining my hand, he gently touched the scab that had started to form, as if he was a doctor about to diagnose me with an illness.

"That's gonna leave a bad bruise."

"I know."

I pulled my hand away and blankly stared out the window which showed the view of the ocean and the sun rising.

"What's on your mind?"

"Everything...me, you, us."

"Did you say us."

He gasped sitting up straight.

"Does it mean what I think."

He questioned, covering his mouth with the palm of his hands.

"Maybe?."

"Elisha this is no time for games okay because if you're...."

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend!"

His body froze and I promise you he stopped breathing. His eyes stared right at me without blinking.

"Are you fine?"

I asked becoming worried.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I promise that I'll protect you with everything I have. I promise I'll love you forever and ever. To be by your side in time of need and walk with you through this thing called life."

He pulled me closer and hugged my waist. I giggled as he placed soft kisses on my tummy.

"Stop it ! That's ticklish!"

I managed to say between the giggles.

"I love you so much."

"That's impossible because I love you more."

I said back.

He took my hand and placed a kiss on it. I smiled as I could feel butterflies in my stomach. His rich, chocolate found mine and captivated them.

"Don't ever cry again okay. It hurts my heart to see you in that emotional state."

He confessed.

"My mom always told me that crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how broken you are. I can't promise you that it won't happen again but I'll try."

"And I'll try by all means to put a smile on that beautiful face for as long as I live."

**************************