Chapter 29

Elisha's POV

"Where is he?"

I ran to the female receptionist of Red Cross Hospital. She had thick black glasses with big emerald eye which stared at me confused.

"Where is who?"

"Bennett Choi, do you know where he is?"

Adjusting her glasses, she turned back to the files stacked on top of her table.

"The doctors rushed him off to the Emergency Room. I don't know what happened but he looked like a wreck."

"Do you know where the ER is?"

I asked, not knowing if I was going to pass out from fear or adrenaline.

"Go down the hallway and turn to your left. You will see it at the end of the corridor."

"Thank you so much. May the Lord bless you."

Thanking her, I raced down the hallway and to the Emergency Room.The worst possible outcomes kept flashing in my head. What if I was too late and he had left me? What if he dies not knowing how I truly felt for him?

At the corner of my eyes I could see Brielle galloping behind me out of breath but I didn't care. The only thing on my mind was seeing Ben.

"Bennett!"

I screamed pushing the Emergency Room door.

I was met with a scene I could never forget. Laying on the hospital bed was Ben with tubes all over his body. He looked like he had gotten into a fight with an animal. His face was distorted and blood was all over the place. Doctors surrounded him, using needles to save him. Everything I observed was in slow motion.

I watched the heart rate machine change from going up and down to making a straight line. The deadly screeching sound filled the whole room. My body froze as I finally understood what was going on. Ben's heart had stopped beating.

"What are your doing here! Get out!"

Questioned a doctor. Ignoring his question I leaped closer to Ben, trying to make him wake up.

"Bennett don't leave me here. PLEASE!

I begged whilst being restrained by Brielle and a security guard that popped out of no where.

"You have no right to be here, get out!"

"Elisha let's go."

Advised Brielle using all her might to get me out of the room.

"No never! Leave me alone."

I yelled back.

"BENNETT DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME . I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU."

I cried, being pulled out of the room.

An hour later

"Can you just sit down, already."

Hissed Brielle.

"Why...why should I. Will sitting down help Ben. Will me sitting down change the situation."

I barked back.

We have been outside the Emergency Room for 45 minutes and 54 seconds and still, we haven't heard anything. As each second goes by, I start to lose hope. As each minute goes by the more I lose faith.

"Everything is going to be okay. Ben has a lot of fight in him."

Brielle promised, walking over to comfort me in a hug. She dragged me down with her and we sat on the ice cold hospital floor in silence.

"I'm scared Brie. What if he doesn't make it."

"Don't say that. You are the child of the Most High. Why are you accepting defeat when God is always fighting your battles."

"Why? Why did it have to be Ben. Why couldn't it be me in that accident."

"Only God knows the answer to that question."

I looked at the dull floor, remembering the day I introduced Ben to my family. How I wish I could go back to that day where there were no tears nor pain.

"Is there something on your mind."

Asked Brielle, removing a string of hair from my face.

"Do you know Ben took me to this beautiful secret beach and asked me to be his girlfriend. He told me that he loved me since the day we had our first conversation and more as each day went pass."

I chuckled at how cheesy that sounded.

"He told me that I am the girl who will make him forever happy. He bought me a beautiful necklace with a cross and our initials at the back."

"That is so cute."

"He was the best... He confessed to me that he loves me more than himself but loves God the most. He was honestly the first ever guy whom I could see a future with."

I heard the screech of the door opening. Lifting my eyes from the ground, they met with the doctor from earlier in the room. His face was pale and I could tell something was wrong.

"Good day to ma'am, I'm Doctor Benson."

"Doctor, any news on Bennet."

Asked Brielle getting up from the ground.

"Bennett fought a good fight but unfortunately he didn't..."

"No! No! No!"

I protested. Not believing what I was hearing.

"Sorry to tell you this but Bennet is no more. He lost a lot of blood and his heart stopped beating."

My heart sunk to my feet and shattered into a trillion pieces. It felt as if a person had taken a two edged axe and stabbed me with it. A lump formed in my throat and my eyes started to burn. I wanted to scream, to cry but my body didn't allow me to.

Turning to the wall I punched a huge whole through it. Sinking to the ground I buried my face in my lap and screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs like I had never screamed before. A painful, undesirable pain shot through my heart. This is how a heartbreak felt like huh?

"I HATE YOU BENNET!"

I cried out loud, punching the wall again for the second time.

"HOW COULD YOU SELL ME FALSE DREAMS! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME HERE!"

"Mr Bennett Choi asked us to give you this letter if something like this happened."

He handed me a red paper with Ben's messy  handwriting. Trembling, I slowly opened it and read the first five words, Dear love of my life .

**************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

If you want to read the whole letter then I suggest you go to the next chapter with a box of tissues next to you.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

(个_个)