Chapter 40

Elisha's POV:

"Hello Chubs."

"Bennett what is going on." I cut him off. "My spirit is not fine and I know something isn't right, so just spill the beans."

I spat out into the phone, preparing for a tsunami of bad news to blow me over.

"I'm getting engaged to a girl named Hana Wong. Daughter of the well known Xiao Wong."

He exhaled.

"Wait what! Why?"

"Because my father wants me to marry someone from a wealthy family and her father needs someone to run their family business since she doesn't have a brother."

"And when were planning on telling me this?"

I ran my hand through my hair from fury.

"When it was the right time."

He lowered his voice into a mumble.

"And when was it going to be the right time."

There was a long silence at the end of the line. One thing that I hated was being given a silent treatment when I asked a question.

"Bennett answer me NOW." I raised my voice. " When did you think it was going to be the right time?"

"I don't know."

"Bennett we are a couple. We're suppose to tell each other everything. How would you feel if my mother came to you and tried bribing you into leaving me? How would you feel if she threw all kinds of insults at you that you started to believe."

"Are you saying my father came to you?"

"Yes, but that's not the point."

I tried changing the subject. Yes his father was rude to me but I didn't want to add fuel to their already shaky relationship.

"Elisha did he lay a finger on you because if he did I sw-"

"He just threatened to do something with my mom's ranch, that's it."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine."

"I'm so sorry Chubs. I should have told you sooner. Its just that I didn't know how to explain it to you. But I promise you, nothing will ever happen between me and Hana."

Although I could hear him being genuine, my trust issues started to resurface and my wall were stacking up again. It was very hard for me to believe that Bennet wouldn't develop any romantic feelings for Hana. I mean, she was a drop dead gorgeous with eyes that twinkle whenever she smiled. Every picture on the internet of her looked like a masterpiece. I could never compete with her.

"Love are you okay?"

He softly said.

Those four words alone broke me to pieces. My eyes started to become bloodshot red with tears collecting at the lid. Reality had finally struck me. I was going to possibly lose Bennet.

"Why? Why can't we just have peace in our lives for once? Why is there always drama lingering close by."

I sobbed out loud.

"Chubs I know it's hard but please don't give up."

"I'm tired Bennet. Im tired of always trying to fight for our love. First it was Gemma, then it was you in an accident and now it's this."

"We can get through this just like we got through all the other obstacles life three at us."

He tried assuring me.

"I'm tired Ben."

"No, you can't be tired. We've still got one obstacle to get through TOGETHER."

I tried to speak but I couldn't let out the words. My lips beginning to tremble slightly.

"You said no matter how big the problem will be you'll never run away and you'll never be scared. I never gave up on you when I was in that hospital bed, fighting to get back to you, so don't you give up on us that easily."

"Im not going to give up... because I love you."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I could hear the crack of the door and a female talking to Bennet about something before shutting it again.

"Love I need to go. My father just called me in."

"Ok."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

I've always thought that Bennet would never understand my small simple life. But turns out, there were more things that I didn't know about his big, luxurious lifestyle.