Chapter 42

Bennet's POV

"Here comes the future Mr and Mrs Choi!"

My father announced as Hana and I walked down the stairs together to the dinner table.

The time had come for me to put on my best fake smile and pretend that I was in a jolly good mood.

How I wish I was anywhere else in the world but here. How I wish I could just storm off to my room and spend some time alone. But no, I was stuck in a chair next to my future fiance and my cold hearted father. Great.

"How is the food?"

My father asked Mr Wong, who had closed his eyes  after taking a big bite of the Beef Wellington.

"Its exquisite!" he commended. "One of the best dishes I've ever had."

A big smile was plastered on my father's face.

"Well it's all thanks to our private chef, Andy."

He boasted, taking a sip of his expensive,red wine.

"And can I just applaud you on your splendid house,Mr Choi." Mrs Wong butted in. "I love the fact that it's located in quiet and secluded area. Away from noisy people."

Everyone erupted into laughter except Hana and I, who sat awkwardly in our seats taking tiny nibbles of our food.

"Thank you so much Mrs Wong. I just hope that very soon, Bennet and Hana will be able to turn it into a lovely home."

My eyes widened and my body stiffened at the thought.

"Speaking of the future power couple." Mr Wong put his utensils aside, hoping straight into business. "I think it would be best if they would get engaged next week Tuesday, and it might as well be announced publically on the Business Time Newspaper."

"I don't see any problem" Mrs Wong agreed, "but what does the couple say."

She shifted her focus to her daughter who was zoned out.

"I think... it's a good idea. The sooner, the better."

Hana replied.

"What about you Bennet?"

Mr Wong gawked at me.

"I don't think it's a..."

"I think what my son is trying to say, is it's settled.  Isn't it so, son?"

My father's eyes burnt with fury as his eyebrows furrowed together. I returned the look, not daring to look away.

Crash

The sound of a bottle shattering onto the floor interrupted our intense stare down.

"Oops!"

Exclaimed Hana, jumping out of her seat to pick up the broken pieces of the wine bottle she had accidentally bumped off the table.

"Andy please come here. We have a little problem."

My father called.

"Its fine. I'll clean the mess up."

She insisted, piling the pieces on her palm.

"But be careful. Glass is very..."

"Aww!"

"Hana honey are you ok?"

Mrs Wong leaned over the table to see what state her daughter was in.

"I'll be fine, mom. Its just a scratch. Not a big deal."

"What do you mean it's no big deal? You have blood all over your dress."

"Its not like I'm dying.'

She shrugged off, standing up and revealing a dress covered in blood.

"Let me see."

I cautiously took her hand and examined her palm.

"That sure is one big cut. Follow me. I'll get you something that will heal it in no time."

I took her wrist and we headed to the kitchen where there was a first aid box. It was also a bonus since I so badly wanted to leave the dinner table.

"Hop on the kitchen chair and take out your arm."

She did as instructed, and watched as I grabbed the box and pull out petroleum jelly and an antibiotic ointment.

"This might hurt but it'll prevent any bacterial infection."

I warned, throwing a little dab of the ointment onto cotton wool and applying it on the fresh cut.

"All done!"

I said, covering the wound with a bandage.

"Thank you. Doctor Choi."

She joked around, jumping off the chair and looking around the room as though it was her first time in it.

"Just doing my job."

I winked, packing everything back in the box.

I could feel her russet eyes glued to me, inspecting every move I made. Finally plunking up the courage, I turned back to her and our eyes locked. I expected her to shyly look away but no, she stared right into my soul not giving a hint of shame.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

My eyes narrowed.

"Because I really did judge you in the beginning. You're not the rich, childish snob that I thought you were all along. You actually have a really good heart."

"And I'm sorry for coming across cold in the beginning." I confessed,  realising that I wasn't the kindest person to her. "Its just that I was caught off guard by the shocking news."

"Apology accepted." She beamed."What do you say we start on a new page."

"I'd love that."

I extended my right hand for her to shake.

"Hi. My name is Bennet Lorenzo Choi but you can call me Ben."

"Hi Ben. My name is Hana Wong but you can call me Hanalorina Tatiana Rosia Wong."

"I'll just stick with Hana."

I scrunched my face.

"I think so too."

She nodded in agreement, flaunting her perfectly aligned teeth.

"Can I ask you a question." She looked down at the bandage around her hand.
"Did you really mean what you said earlier about love? That it's the most important thing to you?"

"Every word."

I replied, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Well I wanted to tell you that I applaud you for what you believe in. You really did touch my heart."

"Thank you."

I nodded. Not knowing how to respond to such a  compliment.

"Okie dokie," I stood up straight and buttoned my suit. "we're done now so we can head back to the dinner table."

"How I wish I was anywhere else but there."

Hana slumped her shoulders and rolled her eyes.

"You speak for the both of us sister.But there's sadly nothing we can do about it."

We both walked back to the table where the adults were as usual, talking about the only thing that matters to them, business.

*************************

Howdy beautiful people ✝️

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND WOW HANA IS CREATING A MARK FOR HERSELF IN THIS STORY.

PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK AND PLEASE VOTE.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

(。♡‿♡。)