Chapter 35

Elisha's POV

"Welcome to Enchante. I'm Vanessa, your waitress and here is your order."

"Thank you so much."

Answered Ben, rubbing his hands together from excitement.

"Thank you."

I added with a smile on my face to be greeted by an eye roll from her.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling she doesn't like me. Ever since we've arrived, she's been giving me dirty looks and side eyes.

She harshly banged my plate on the table and faked a smile that was as fake as fake could be.

"Please enjoy your meal and call me whenever you need help."

She breathed, leaning into the table and facing Ben, as if I'm not present.

"And I mean any help."

She emphasized.

"My girlfriend and I will sure do so. Goodbye now."

Ben said, not entertaining her one bit.

"Goodbye sir."

She winked and strutted away with her long legs.

"If you need help you know where to find me."

I mimicked her high pitch voice, clearly annoyed by her presence.

"Looks like somebody is jealous."

"I'm not jealous, I'm just protecting what's mine."

I explained

"And I'm the possessive one, you say."

"You asked a mascot that wanted to hug me whether there was a male or female inside it."

"What can I say. I learnt from the best."

We turned to our plates which had a fat piece of stake and leaves which were probably for decoration.

"Let's dig in."

Declared Bennet, grabbing his knife and fork and slaughtering the stake.

Hesitantly, I cut a small piece and took a bite.

"How is it?"

He asked looking at me.

"Its so good, one of the best things I've ever tasted."

I lied, using everything ounce in my body to not spit out the food.

"You know you're really bad at lying, right?"

"But look, I'm smiling."

"Smiling through the pain, yeah."

"Fine you got me. I really don't like it."

"What's wrong."

"Babe this lamb is still alive, look at the amount of blood gushing out of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it stand up and run off my plate."

He burst out into laughter from my remark. Dropping my fork, I chuckled at how ridiculously bad I was at lying.

"I'm sorry, I should have picked a different restaurant."

"You don't have to take me to the fanciest restaurant in the world. I don't love you because of your money. I love you because you're simply you. Don't take me to these fancy places were people pay thousands of dollars to eat grass. Spending quality time is all I want from you. I want us to just chill indoors, watch a movie and play board games. That's literally everything I need."

"What do you say we get out of here and have our own perfect date."

He asked standing up.

"After you my lady."

I replied, grabbing my purse.

***********************
Hello beautiful people ✝️💕

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ IT.

PLEASE STAY HEALTHY BLESSED AND POSITIVE

(≧(エ)≦ )